Post your current Favorite Epiphone and why

GAS Man

• Members

I've not tried many epis, but I would love to try the Nick Valensi Riviera...

1105210495-front-l.jpg

Riv's have a thin neck profile, especially compared to a DOT, if you have huge hands you will probably pass on this model. My Nick Valensi Riviera is my favorite and easiest playing guitar...P94's rule...the only mod I want to do is remove the Nick Valensi truss rod cover and replace it with the epi logo cover.

I bought mine sight unseen from MF for $625, bought a $79 epi case a week later.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Riv's have a thin neck profile, especially compared to a DOT, if you have huge hands you will probably pass on this model. My Nick Valensi Riviera is my favorite and easiest playing guitar...P94's rule...the only mod I want to do is remove the Nick Valensi truss rod cover and replace it with the epi logo cover.

I bought mine sight unseen from MF for $625, bought a $79 epi case a week later.

What do the P-94s sound like? Close to a "real" P-90?

• Members

IMO, that is possible the best guitar Epiphone produces. I played one extensively in a nearby store many times and when I decided I might as well buy it, it had been sold a few days before. Dead stock, it's a very fine guitar. The P94s sound fantastic. Definitely one of my "Why didn't you buy it stupid? :facepalm:" moments.

• Members

What do the P-94s sound like? Close to a "real" P-90?

Yeah, they are close, I find the P94 to be warmer, better sounding than the 90 when combining the neck & bridge pup in the middle position, less hum if any, I can totally hit the Leslie West "Mississippi Queen" tone...the neck pup seems to have greater definition, great for jazz/blues.

The Riviera may something to do with what I get from these P94's?.

• Members

Riviera P93 for me,3 P90's and Bigsby need I say more?????????:thu:Truly a great guitar:idea:

Did you have trouble with the bridge p'up spacer on yours being too high?

Mine is, but I bought one fairly early on. I'm wondering if they factory fixed that issue or if folks are finding the same thing and or working it out.

For right now, I like mine fairly well, sound quite good through my Fender Blues Junior, but I want to shave down that spacer so I can get the action lower.

• Members

Would have to be my Explorer!

CIMG4599.jpg

I found her on another forum. The guy I bought it from tricked it out. It was love at first sight! Very balanced, plays like a dream, and it just plain Bad Ass!! He as already contacted wanting to know if I would sell it back to him, so it must be a keeper!

My Limited Edition SG is pretty sweet too, which is still very new to me since I got it right before going to Afghanistan

CIMG4600.jpg

• Members

Epiphone eh?

100_1980.jpg

Sorry. Sold them all

Here is My Favorite Gibson

2010 SG Standard in Heritage Cherry

Why? It Rocks

It's The Real Deal

It's What I've Always Wanted

It's Why I bought Epiphones until I realized The G-400 just wasn't quite 'it'

But, I still love Epiphones.

I may buy another Les Paul eventually

• Members

Late 90's Epi Sorrento (w/Bigsby)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJzo4wk1W6g11Vim9dYCb

That looks like my ES-295.

I used it for every gig for 4 years and put it up for the last 6 months. I started playing my strats more. I got it out last weekend, and even with the crusty strings, it was a beautiful guitar. I really love that thing. P-90s in a hollowbody is the sound I was looking for my whole life.

Archived