Double NGD - Fender Content

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

So I got that orange Charvel tele. Traded it for an 84 MIA Stratocaster. Sold that for enough to get two guitars.

First is a 1999 Fender Classic 50's Stratocaster:

2012-06-15_14-48-41_338.jpg

2012-06-15_14-47-41_346.jpg

2012-06-15_14-47-30_249.jpg

It came form a guitar store, the setup out of the box was perfect. I haven't done anything to it at all. It has 9s, which will probably be upped to 10's soon. The pickups are a bit thinner than the 84 MIA I had, but they still have a nice stratty tone to them. I dig it. Perhaps I'll change them, but I dunno, the other new guy's pickups are really fat sounding so we'll see. I dig the vintage output with thissun.

My only real gripe is the 8 hole, paper thin, 1ply pickguard. It's bowing out in places. No huge thing, but it's a bit aggravating.

Ok, next up is this Fender MIM Cyclone II:

2012-06-15_15-42-17_586.jpg

2012-06-15_14-46-31_825.jpg

2012-06-15_14-45-25_354.jpg

2012-06-15_14-46-55_472.jpg

[video=youtube;iOjDvqaYUYw]

This one is fantastic. It's the one from Peoria that d_dave_c linked me to. It shipped with no strings, so I threw some 11's on and it plays and sounds amazing. Those are the AVRI Jaguar pickups on there, and they are wonderful. Really warm but a ton of bite. The switching is great, you can have any combo. There's really not a bad combination. They all sound different and really good. The frets seem to be jumbos which I love, and they're in great shape too.

So all in all, I'm happy as a pig in {censored} right now. Party!

• Members

Congrats! I used to have that same strat - looks like Daphne Blue, right? I used to love to look at that thing but never just got along with the neck and fb radius. Eventually I traded it away, but it was a sad day. Really nice guitar that I couldn't make work for me. :cry:

• Members

Hey thanks a lot guys. I'm really really happy about both. Now I just gotta get a surf side project together.

Congrats! I really like both of them. I'd get a vintage tort pick guard for the strat, and I love that cyclone. What's the scale on those? Those AVRI jaguar pickups are great. I might have to look into one of those.

EDIT: I believe it's 24 or 24.75

I was thinking of a new guard. Tort is cool, but would have to be just the right one. I'll probably do parchment or mint. I just want a puddle of 50's juice left behind wherever I place it. :cool:

Thanks again, like A LOT for linking me to it. :) I know on the forum, you end up linking peiple to a lot of stuff but they never buy it. Well I did. Morover I paypal'd a ststranger 625 bucks and didn't ger screwed.

• Members

Thanks again everyone! Been playin em a lot. Lots of reverb splashing around the house the past couple days. :cool:

Double congrats!

(o)(o) (o)(o)

A Limey gal forumite in a band called Tits of Death (ha!) used to have a Cyclone just like that.
:love:

I think it would look better on a girl than it does me... but so do most things so I'll just hafta do my best. :)

Archived