Double NGD - Fender Content

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

HNGD x 2

Nice score, the Cyclone even has me curious what it may sound like. Not a fan of offsets, or surf. But I'd like to hear it.

Well, I reckon it's in between a Stratocaster and a Jaguar. It's got that single coil bite and rasp, but there is a lot of fatness, and with 3 pickups it can quack pretty nicely too. It's a more usable quack imo than on a strat. It's bigger and fatter, doesn't just sound like The Police. :)

I use pedals for all my sounds (except totally naked cleans of course). I am in a gigging band and gig my Charvels, so my dirt pedals are dialed in to sound best with fat humbuckers. I have one mild OD pedal, and one full our distortion pedal. If I plug in the strat and put it on the bridge pickup with my distortion pedal on, it's ok, but kind of a treble mess ya know? Very shrill and static-y. With the Cyclone, it's a pretty usable tone. Not as deep and fat as the Tone Zones in my Charvels, but nowhere near as messy a plain strat pickup.

Jag pickups are great. I would wager that if they put our a strat with 3 of em stock like this has, it would be an incredible success.

• Members

Congrats. I have one of those '50s Classic Strats too. I also have the same issue with the pg bowing out as well. I really liked the stock tone of that guitar. Just recently I was also noticing a bit of thinness from its p'ups compared to another one of my Strats. I have a set of Fender Fat 50s standing by, so maybe I should give them a run.

Congrats on those too gits, I have similar interest in those styles of gits

• Members

I am incredibly jealous. That Strat is my very favorite model, and the Cyclone is indeed an awesome guitar. I got a mint one for $175 a couple of years ago and sold it like an idiot.

Yeah, the strat is lovely. Its light and comfy, great guitar. Fender swaps out their series's like crazy, to last as long as it has, it's gotta be good.

I actually found your ad on here from a couple years back while searching for mine. Sucks our paths didn't cross then.

Archived