This is why sparkly guitars are a good thing.

honeyiscool

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^ Yeah, I played a Daisy Rock model of some kind at a GC a couple months back and was also surprised.

As for sparkle guitars, they are the kind of thing I often really like when I see other people playing them, but they are generally a little flashier than what I like to play.

However, I have a cheap P-bass clone I am planning on refinishing and am considering a sparkle job on it.

• Members

Yeah, I really like the Daisy Rocks that we have. The neck is the best thing about them. The satin is a little rough at first but once you play it a bit, it gets just slick enough to where your hands just fly, and the necks are really nice and dense maple, with the usual Schecter scarf joint so you know it's super strong. The dimensions are great, too, for those with small hands. They've got meat where I want them, but they're narrow, and the 24.75" scale feels smaller, to the point where it's hard to believe that it's actually longer than my Mustang. The radius is flatter, but it works for the guitar.

I tried a Daisy Rock set neck, though. That thing just did not vibe with me at all. It was quite a bit heavier, plus the gloss finished neck just didn't feel very fast, and the neck dimensions were just large enough to the point where it felt more like a Gibson wannabe than a unique instrument like I feel the bolt-on Daisy Rocks are. I'm glad they make their Retro-H models. They're pretty much their highest end bolt-on instruments, and I don't feel that they're perfect from the factory, but with some mods, I just love them. They have a vibe and feel that no other guitar on the market has, and the semi-hollow gives them a very lively feel and great sustain.

• Members

Checking out their website based on your guys reviews...really digging that retro-h deluxe model, but it seems they are only offering it in white now...waaaaah, what gives with no more sparkle?

http://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Rock-Retro-H-De-Luxe-Green/dp/B000NGKIBM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339701128&sr=8-2&keywords=daisy+rock+retro-h

http://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Rock-Retro-H-De-Luxe-Sparkle/dp/B000NGJ06Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1339701128&sr=8-5&keywords=daisy+rock+retro-h

• Members

Given the picture, How old she looks, how she's holding the pick,

fingering the strings and using the capo, can you guess how many years experience she has playing?

My guess is 2 years max with probibly no wheres not enough rehursal hours.

Maybe after a few guesses by everyone the OP can tell us whose the closest to being right.

• Members

fingering the strings and using the capo, can you guess how many years experience she has playing?

Maybe after a few guesses by everyone the OP can tell us whose the closest to being right.

Sharp knees too!

• Members

who cares?

Archived