The ONE....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man. To name one would exclude thousands of others. I can say, though, that in about 30 years (since I first became aware of it) one album I have never gotten tired of and which has continued to show me things I hadn't noticed in it before is Trout Mask Replica. There's something on it for every mood. It never ceases to give me something new and beautiful.

• Members

The Replacements Pleased to Meet Me! Westerberg IS GOD!

Man, I'm a big 'Mats fan, and much respect for Westerberg, but that's not even one of my Top Five Replacements albums. I prefer everything they did that came before it, in fact.

The fact that Pleased to Meet Me is still a great rockandroll album says a lot about the quality of The Replacements output.

• Members

It would be a toss up between the Velvet Underground's self-titled album, the Velvet Underground's 'Velvet Underground and Nico', or the Pixies' 'Doolittle'. If I absolutely had to choose one though I think it would be the Velvet Underground self-titled.

• Moderators

OP, interesting choice of Atom Heart Mother...I wouldn't have thought that is anyone's favorite Pink Floyd album. What is it about that one?

Whenever I am, wherever I am, that album can instantly take me to a place where I feel at one with pretty much everything, and I'm 19 and basking in the sunshine of a Cornish wild flower meadow, under a tree and the world is young and a place of peace.

Sa'bout it:)

• Members

Its worth posting three times

[quote=Ratae Coritanorum;46149583Whoever thought a cow's arse could encase such beauty

nnnAtom+Heart+Mother.jpg

quote of the year, Sean
Someone's gotta sig it soon.

Oh yeah.

for albums that always have something to offer -
The blues of T-Bone Walker for getting me playing.
Sgt Pepper from the last days of school.
Layla from graduation.
Frampton Comes Alive as a nod to an ex.

No single stand out all-encompassing favourite though.
I am such a middle-way guy.

• Members

today it would be chris whitley din of ecstacy

yesterday it would have been james brown live at the apollo

i've tried a few times to come up with just one... i can't do it

if i did narrow it down to one i'd probably have to pick a jimi album... otherwise i'd feel kinda dirty

• Members

Ever since I saw this thread, I've been racking my brains trying to figure out my one desert island album.

Would it be . . .

- U2 The Joshua Tree

- Apocalyptica Worlds Collide

- R.E.M. Reckoning

- Robert Randolph Colorblind

- Rammstein Mutter

- James Brown The Payback

- Robert Johnson box set

. . . .

The list goes on and on . . .

• Members
de8881b0c8a062610732d110.L.jpg

1 full album, parts of two others...

This is hard one deny for Haitian Divorce alone. I {censored}ing love that song. I was just listening to this on Monday or Tuesday. I was trying to listen to the Aja album, but selected the disc on my iPod and it ended after Peg. So as I went to disc four I thought, as I always do when going to the Dan...Haitian Divorce, because I {censored}ing that song (as previous mentioned above, where I mentioned it).

Archived