Temper- no more Epi. Custom

strat les sg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Les Paul Studio (Gibson) in my workshop right now. A guy I am kind of friendly with told me he needed it fixed (headstock repair). He doesn't have a great job and has a wife and two kids so I figured I would do it for $150.00 - including blending it in, refining the back of the neck, etc.... I had not quoted him a price and I know he was quoted $400 for the refinish/repair from a local shop.

He told me he got mad and smashed it. I told him it would be $150 to fix it. I'm halfway done with the repair and he has gone ballistic telling me $150 is a rip off. I said fine, but give me $75 for the time I have into it (which is several hours). He thinks that is unacceptable.

He called me a week ago telling me he smashed his other guitar (some low end POS) out of frustration with me wanting so much (?) for the repair and asked me to fix it for free.

Lots of nuts out there.

• Members

Something unusual about how an object that can't even move itself can force you into violent madness

when gravity comes into play.

The strangest part is

you were obviously upgrading it when the tables turned and you ended up destroying it.

I can totally relate

I've had my share of unexplained phenomenon

Archived