• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:love:
:love: That is a nice looking guitar!

Also in seafoam green and my fave, blue:

44859_l.jpg

Got a pretty good review from Total Guitar, too:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guitars/electric/6-string-semi-acoustic/mondial-classic-505713/review

Quite curious as to how they feel/sound. Would definitely be something different. I like the scratchplate is just part of the guitar.

• Members

I like how "modern designs" seems to mostly imply different shapes that still use old-school electronics and bridges.

The classic shape of the electric guitar is designed around comfort and having natural curves. It's supposed to sit well on your legs, feel right standing up, balance well (not too neck heavy... the SG fails here!), give you good upper fret access (hence the "invention" of the cutaway). That's the reason they all look the same to a certain point.

You want a truly modern guitar? Buy a Variax! Or a Gibson Robot, or those MusicMan USB thingies that let you program different tones.

Also, look into composite materials, well designed chambering, newer bridge designs, improved saddle and nut material, lightweight locking tuners, etc

As long as it's comfortable to play and sounds good!

• Members

An old buddie of mine builds some interesting guitars:

IndiaAbalone_nk.jpg

E-Perla-sm.jpg

DoradoBody.jpg
Philippe Dubreuille (the guy who build my silver sparkle Tele I previously posted pictures of) also makes some spectacular guitars:
http://www.dubreuille-guitar.com/

I've admired these, but the overly tight waist bugs me.

Very cool design, though. Love the custom detail pieces.

• Members

Most of the things that come to mind are things that have been posted here, especially the Parker Archtop. That pushes a lot of my buttons, and was the first thing that popped into mind.

Harry Fleischmann's stuff is always interesting and beautiful, as are David King's and Fred Carlson's. Klein is always good for inspiration, too.

Here are a couple basses from Harry that work for me:

344_scroll_basses_copy.jpg

Carlson's harp-sympitar's are cool:

NDfront.JPG

A David King Bass:

DavidKing5005.jpg

For my own stuff, I might offer up my Mudroom acoustics and a new bass that I'm kicking around in Rhino:

p2_u2qacy2gy_so.jpg

428386_3290899162865_1078773365_n.jpg

• Members

For acoustics, this may look like it came from the 1930's, but it has a shorter scale for string bending and a light touch, 1.75" nut for fingerstyle (it strums great too), an adjustable truss rod (many old Martins, even from the 70's lack this feature), light bracing, a thin top, and top drawer tonewoods. 000-28 Eric Clapton, Martin's all time best selling signature model for good reason.

ecm1.jpg

ecm3.jpg

ecm4.jpg

ecm5.jpg

Archived