Post A Modern Guitar Design That You Like

Elias Graves

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Modern? Get a clue guys!

Yeah, I've been thinking about this over the last couple days, and relatively few examples in this thread are really "modern". This includes the examples I've posted. Most of what's in here are designs that may have been done recently, may be outstanding guitars, and look really nice overall, but could have been done 50 years ago. In a lot of ways we're doing what Fender and Gibson are doing, making guitars like they were Mexican food; endless variations of the same ingredients, but changing the garnish and the sauce to make it something new. Instead of rolling up some beef, pork, or chicken in a tortilla, we're putting a couple humbuckers or a trio of single coils on a body with a different shape and aesthetic elements.

Again, really cool guitars in this thread, but relatively few that we could really call "modern". The Flaxwood, Teuffel, Parkers, and Novax are great examples of challenging conventional guitars with new Concepts. They're more than just a different peghead or body style.

Just my opinion.

Archived