On a positive note, the ugliest headstocks....

billybilly

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
From what I hear, great guitars, but every shape of their headstocks makes me cringe.

zslane-albums-carvin-st300-picture42185-
front%20of%20headstock%20unfinished.JPG
30U-14998_headstock-front.jpg

Yeah, but notice that all the strings run straight as a rail. From a purely functional perspective, these are great headstocks.

I own this Carvin H2. Sure, I'm not a fan of the headstock but, after a few minutes playing, I find it doesn't bother me. ;)

IMG_0392.jpg

• Members
Yeah, but notice that all the strings run straight as a rail. From a purely functional perspective, these are great headstocks.

I own this Carvin H2. Sure, I'm not a fan of the headstock but, after a few minutes playing, I find it doesn't bother me.
;)

IMG_0392.jpg

I like your axe and appreciate the functionality of the headstock but it does not need to be shaped as such.

• Moderators

I'm wondering how y'all ain't been bitch slapped by RavenCAD:idk:

Carvins don't even figure on my headstock fugly list, and yes I'm with Spike, the Tele headstock was the first {censored}er that should have been sawn off, Leo's redemption was of course the Strat headstock, so we'll leave him be in the playground

• Members

I'm wondering how y'all ain't been bitch slapped by RavenCAD

Sorry, didn't open the thread until today. It's OK though, let them hate all they want. A Carvin owner doesn't need the approval if the masses. We are above such things.

However, I dare anyone to hold my CT and describe any part if it as ugly. It just won't happen.

But I do agree on the Holdsworth headstock. That thing is deformed.

• Members

Fugly headstocks?

How'bout a fugly buttstock...

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=6668CCEF-0B65-

I actually like that one, There again, I've built a few wacky unconventional builds in the past

soI dont have a problem with wierd stuff so long as it works well.

Heres a few. Vintage Ampeg Bass. They actually play well but are kind of strange these days.

Ampeg4.jpg

Ampeg3.jpg

Ampeg Copies

ampeg.jpg

My first electric guitar back in 1968 was a Vox Apollo.

Strange Headstock but cool onboard electronics.

apollo_stack7.jpg

Archived