Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

honeyiscool

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never quite understood a New Jersey band playing a cowboy song.

Mr. Bon Jovi: You've done a lot of things, but you are no cowboy.

LOL, Fogerty never lived in the bayou, Bowie never orbited earth, etc, etc. I think they call it poetic license or something.

• Members
People that are bashing Bon Jovi you are laughable. While you work your 9 to 5 they are rich, living in mansions and banged 100x better looking chicks than you did. And also post your great songwriting contribution to the world that people have heard.

That's not to say that people who aren't bashing Bon Jovi are getting chicks and money, of course.

• Members

Cheesy but good in a guilty pleasure kind of way. 'Seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all'. I really don't want to get my face rocked by Bon Jovi. Pretty boy, pretty sure he and Richie have had cosmetic facial surgery and/or Botox.

Richie can pick tho.

All of those guys get Botox now days. They weren't any cheesier than any other band from that period.

• Members
People that are bashing Bon Jovi you are laughable. While you work your 9 to 5 they are rich, living in mansions and banged 100x better looking chicks than you did. And also post your great songwriting contribution to the world that people have heard.

Yes, and that means that I must like their music :rolleyes:

I don't care how much money they made, or who they {censored}ed, their music always came across as insincere, formulaic, and trite, and not to my tastes.

• Members
I'll never understand why somebody willingly listens to Bon Jovi.

Easy to remember pop songs with catchy melody and catchphrase lyrics performed by good looking dudes... and you have trouble figuring out why people willingly listen to and enjoy Bon Jovi? How do you understand actually difficult subjects?

• Members

I guess that never really bothered me if pop music is insincere, formulaic, and trite, as long as it's well executed. I feel like the entire genre kind of invites that approach, that the quality of the product is ultimately what it's all about, and that at the end, the listeners have to like it.

(Anyway, with the insincere thing, are you telling me that Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were being
sincere
in their music? They were a lot of things but
sincere
? Never struck me as such.)

Easy to remember pop songs with catchy melody and catchphrase lyrics performed by good looking dudes... and you have trouble figuring out why people willingly listen to and enjoy Bon Jovi? How do you understand actually difficult subjects?

:lol: butthurt fanboy is WAY butthurt. Calling their music catchy is a stretch, I can't see how anybody finds it remotely interesting considering it bores me faster than Family Guy. Seeing as I'm not gay (not that theres something wrong with that) I couldn't care less how they look :idk:. So are you saying then that in order to enjoy Bon Jovi I need to be a woman or gay?

• Members

I never quite understood a New Jersey band playing a cowboy song.

Mr. Bon Jovi: You've done a lot of things, but you are no cowboy.

LOL. If you listen to the lyrics, the horse is "steel" which is a plane or a bus and the traditional western 6 shooter is replaced with a

'6 string on my back". It's about being in a famous band on the road. "Wanted" as in "desired" dead or alive.

• Members

Girlfriend loves these guys! Me not so much. Couple alright songs I guess, but so many other bands I like way more from that era and I can't stand any of his singer song writer stuff later on, but that really is not my thing in the first place.

Yeah, my wife loves Bon Jovi. I dig that Richie Sambora plays a LOT of vintage gear these days in concert. Richie's playing has come a long way as well. The solo on 'Wanted' is just okay. The tone is generic.

• Members

I guess that never really bothered me if pop music is insincere, formulaic, and trite, as long as it's well executed. I feel like the entire genre kind of invites that approach, that the quality of the product is ultimately what it's all about, and that at the end, the listeners have to like it.

(Anyway, with the insincere thing, are you telling me that Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were being
sincere
in their music? They were a lot of things but
sincere
? Never struck me as such.)

When I speak of sincerity in music, I suppose what I mean is writing music from the heart, in a pure form of self-expression, with all thoughts of becoming rich and famous being secondary or non-existent. When I listen to bands like Bon Jovi, what I hear are deliberately followed, safe, middle of the road formulas, all wrapped up in a corporately produced package with a bow.

Page and Plant? Not necessarily who I'd choose as a comparison. How about Pixies? You surely don't hear any corporate plan being executed there. I find this kind of sincerity, or perhaps originality is a better term, to be more appealing than execution of a formula that has been overused by countless others. But that's just me. I've never found much substance in that lowest common denominator crap when it comes to music (or books, or movies...)

• Members

Some of their songs are just so catchy (cheesy), that if you're in the mood for it you can't help but hum it or have it stuck in your head. I don't really look at them as a rock n' roll band, not that I am the judge of all things rock.... they're one of the heaviest boy bands ever. They've got a bunch of great songs... I admit I like "You Give Love A Bad Name", "Living on a Prayer", and "Always". Sambora is a great musician, but his guitar playing has never really done anything for me. The kings of the power ballad?

Archived