IMO Netflix Stinks

mikesr1963

• Members

Netflix is amazing.

I pay around $30 per month and for this I get as many Blu-rays as I can possibly watch (3 at a time). Their DVD and Blu-Ray selection is literally unmatched. Pretty much any title you could ever hope for including all the newest releases. I watch a ton of movies and LOVE not having to worry about late fees or driving to the store to return them..

I consider their streaming service a freebie. They have some cool TV series (Mad Men, The Office, etc), some great 80's flicks, and a decent number of newer flicks. Yeah, their streaming service for the most part is VERY limited and I probably wouldn't pay just for that, but if you do the DVD and streaming package, it really can't be beat. I ended up cancelling cable (which was $100 per month) and would never go back. I use an antenna to get my local channels for free in HD.

• Members

I hate that they do not give you access to everything they have. As you watch stuff, they give you more access to stuff in those catagories.

No, you can access any content they have at any time. The referral engine will give you different recommendations based o what you've watched but you can do a simple search or browse for any title they carry.

• Members

I hate that they do not give you access to everything they have. As you watch stuff, they give you more access to stuff in those catagories.

I don't think so... they just suggest titles and even genres based on what you have watched and enjoyed.

Also, it's harder to search for things on a phone, game console or wireless Blu Ray player than it is on the computer.

• Members

?? I'd have to disagree. No it's not as nice as the US version, but hey, for $8 a month? More than good enough for me.

Well, I should have said in comparison to the US library of movies. It's crazy how little we have.

• Members

i have the $8 a month dvd by mail plan. even at 1 movie in 1 out, i still caught up with all the new releases and a get to see an older movie here and there, so i can't really complain.

we also supplement with Family video here and there, for some reason they keep sending us 50cent rental coupons.

• Members

There are many lesser known gems available on Netflix On Demand. One great example is the series Peepshow. There are a lot of excellent docs, independent films and concert videos. Between Netflix discs and on-demand and broadcast TV, I get much more for my money in both quantity and quality than I did with Cable TV.

• Members

To make this thread relevant to Electric Guitars, look up "Classic Albums" on Netflix.

It's a documentary series detailing the recording sessions of some of Rock's most well known albums. This alone is worth signing up for the free trial.

Aside from the lack of Van Halen or Led Zeppelin they cover most of the EG Forums favorite guitarists.

Archived