What is the ABSOLUTE WORST Live Performance that You Have Ever Seen?

steve_man

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, saw him do few songs at a music festival a year or two ago. The band was great but he was pretty much just growling unintelligibly into the mic. I left to go see Visqueen at a smaller venue; great decision as that was a *fantastic* show.

Yeah, I think the best thing about seeing Bob Dylan is just being able to say "Hey, I've seen Bob Dylan."

• Members

Yeah, I think the best thing about seeing Bob Dylan is just being able to say "Hey, I've seen Bob Dylan."

Ha, yeah. I mean, I absolutely respect his early work and I wanted to be able to tell myself I didn't miss the chance to at least see him play something. So yeah, being able to say "hey, i've seen Bob Dylan," even just to myself. :D

• Members

The 80's had a ton of not so good shows.

I remember waiting too hear what all the hype about Vinnie Vincent was about only to hear what only could be described as guitar tone equaling 20 Crate Cr160's coupled in unison with bass on zero and high and mids and gain on 10 plus..

It was horrid and his play was definitely not the stuff I expected nor really enjoyed.

Out of sync,sloppy style and never in tempo was what I walked away with that night.

Second worst: Poison on their follow up record tour.

Couldnt believe CC missed almost all his songs in various spots.

Played wrong songs, butchered an Eruption like something solo.

Ughhh. The 80's though. what can you do.

• Members

EDIT: I forgot about a
Black Crowes
show I saw at the Tower in Philly that totally sucked. They must have shot some dope before going on stage. To their credit, I have seen them perform some amazing shows.

I saw them on the ill fated tour with ZZTop, just before getting kicked off for spouting off about corporate sponsorship (that was one of the first tours to have a sponsor, Miller Beer as I recall). They were very high and a musical mess.

Interestingly enough, when I took my son to see ZZTop a year or so ago, the other act was Lynyrd Skynyrd, or what's left of them, who's set was marred by VERY bad sound.

• Members

I haven't seen anything that was all out terrible but many years ago I saw Ozzy and he was sick as a dog during the show. He kept running off the stage to puke and then came back and appologized. He actually put on a good show considering being sick. He came off as a true professional. The thing that sucked was he was just coming off stopping drinking and banned all alcohol in the stadium. I really was looking forward to a few drinks but had to watch the show sober.

• Members

First concert I ever attended...Aerosmith in El Paso, Texas, at the "notorious" El Paso Coliseum about 1977 - I was a highschool freshman. It was loud as hell, but the sound was completely f*cked, there was this weird flutter echo thing going on. The opening band - I think it was 38 special - they were great even though they had to play their set with the house lights up. Aerosmith's performance sucked, even my sister said so. :lol:

• Members

Boston - hands down! I saw them in 1980. Sammy Hagar opened up for them and just blew them away. Boston just sucked as a live band. To this day if their over processed music comes on the radio I change stations immediately.

I remember when I was a teenager hearing a live Boston show on the radio and they did suck. About four months later I was at a multi-band concert in the Meadowlands that they played with Poco, Todd Rundgren, and The Outlaws. Boston came on last. After the Outlaws (I was a big Southern Rock fan then) I thought we'd just stick around for the first Boston song just to hear how badly they sucked.

They were {censored}in' incredible. I don't know what they did between the radio broadcast and that concert (rehearse maybe?) but they were really great. We stayed for the rest of the show.

• Members

Smashing Pumpkins...back in the mid 90's...they came out in pajamas or something and did like an acoustic opening mini set, and then came out for another set...i walked out halfway through...hated it. Best part of the night is when a dude threw up on my friend....THAT was entertaining.

• Members

Aerosmith at Fiddler's in Denver. It was two nights before Steven Tyler fell off the stage in South Dakota. Snorting Lunesta? Really? Lunesta?

Anyway, he basically stumbled around on stage, didn't try to hit any difficult notes, walked off the stage a half dozen times (probably to snort some more "Lunesta"). The concert spiraled downwards into a lengthy jam session with Billy Gibbons and Joe Perry trading licks. OK, I love both of those guys, but any one of us could have been up there doing our signature licks on Train Kept a Rollin' for 25 minutes. And as much as I love Perry and Gibbons, their depth of style doesn't quite warrant Allman Brothers or Govt. Mule-style extended jam sessions.

Fast forward to the Hollywood Bowl last summer and Aerosmith's outstanding show that featured Johnny Depp joining them for "Train..." It only ran for about 8 minutes.

In both of those shows, Brad Whitford was brilliant.

• Members

Boston - hands down! I saw them in 1980. Sammy Hagar opened up for them and just blew them away. Boston just sucked as a live band. To this day if their over processed music comes on the radio I change stations immediately.

I too saw Boston in 1977 when they just had the one album out with "More Than A Feeling" on it. They played the same songs from the 1st album in the same order as the album and the show was over in like 45 minutes. :bor:

The opening act was Cheap Trick and they were a lot more entertaining.

• Members

Smashing Pumpkins...back in the mid 90's...they came out in pajamas or something and did like an acoustic opening mini set, and then came out for another set...i walked out halfway through...hated it. Best part of the night is when a dude threw up on my friend....THAT was entertaining.

I always wished i could've seen them on the Mellon Collie tour. I wasn't a fan until right before Adore came out. Seen them 3 times so far. (2000,2007,2010) Each time was great. My bootleg collection is massive so i can see how you might've caught an off night. I think they did 13 months to back that album. Which date was your show?

• Members

I too saw Boston in 1977 when they just had the one album out with "More Than A Feeling" on it. They played the same songs from the 1st album in the same order as the album and the show was over in like 45 minutes.
:bor:

The opening act was Cheap Trick and they were a lot more entertaining.

When I was in college, all of the muscle heads and {censored} kickers listened to that Boston album continuously for about a year. I learned to hate it. There was so much good music around during that time, but you had to dig for it because disco was taking over. But Boston sounded like a popsicle shoved up someone's butt to me.

Archived