What is the ABSOLUTE WORST Live Performance that You Have Ever Seen?

steve_man

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Slash and the Conspirators. It says on the ticket that the show starts at 7:30, there was a warm up band that reminds me of spinal tap, a lot! When the warm up band was playing, the mix sounded like {censored}, I wished really hard that the Slash band would sound better. At about 8:20, we entered a half hour break, when the roadies started to do sound check, I was like FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The band started at 8:50. The mix was {censored}. There was no depth in the sound. I could tell that some of the new songs are not bad and have good structure and all that, but the sound was wooo-loooooo-boooooooom-tuuuuuuuuu

They played at the best auditorium, where I heard KD Lang, Brian Adams and Buddy Guy playing the best sounding, CD quality concerts. What a waste of the auditorium.

• Members

The Cult back sometime in the 80's! They were opening for Metillica on the Injustice for all tour. They were terrible. Sounded like {censored} and played like {censored}. The fans were not happy then the singer started spouting off about them being the worst crowd ever and that was pretty much the end of their show. Worst part is when they came back as the headliner about a year later I made the mistake of going again for another terrible show.

• Members

I've seen Metallice twice... Once circa 1988 or 1989 in Dallas with Queensryche opening and once in Indy co-headlining with Guns n Roses. They KILLED with GnR but with Queensryche... Boy... They were pretty bad. Drums and bass were prett solid but I think Kirk was having a bad day, going out of tune on bends and I think that was frustrating James so he sounded kinda bad. Probably not the worst live performance I've ever seen but it's certainly in the conversation.

They were awesome with GnR though.

• Members

Mine are all opening acts for other bands. So there may or may not have been a mixing problem but I can't see why they would be horrid and the main act be good :idk:

Kings of Leon opening for U2...horrible mix vocals were distorted and utterly incomprehensible. Band seemed disinterested (even though this was when they were just starting to break and you'd think they'd have all the youthful enthusiasm).

Jimmy Eat World opening for Green Day...pretty much the same thing.

On the flip side I have seem some great opening acts like Robert Randolph and the Family band (who got a Standing O)

• Members

I saw White Zombie a couple of times in the early 90s. They were hands-down the sloppiest, drunkest-sounding live band I've ever seen. Collectively they sounded like a band who didn't really give a {censored} about their performance level. It wasn't even that they wanted to sound loose, they were way off. The second time I saw them, maybe two years after the first time, I remember thinking this couldn't be as bad as the first. And it was. I haven't seen them live since.

Looking back, I never saw them when John Tempesta drummed for them, but I'd bet he was a big improvement. Kinda wish I'd seen them in the mid 90s. That probably would have killed the bad taste in my mouth from the earlier shows.

I think putting John 5 in Rob Zombie's current band is a significant step up. I'd actually see them now.

• Members

First concert I ever attended...Aerosmith in El Paso, Texas, at the "notorious" El Paso Coliseum about 1977 - I was a highschool freshman. It was loud as hell, but the sound was completely f*cked, there was this weird flutter echo thing going on. The opening band - I think it was 38 special - they were great even though they had to play their set with the house lights up. Aerosmith's performance sucked, even my sister said so.
:lol:

That's unfortunate. I saw them in '01 (I think) at Irvine Meadows and it was such a tight, great sounding performance.

Saw Tesla there as well and it was the same. Saw them again a few years later (after Grunge helped to kill off Metal). That was at the American Legion Hall in LA. Irvine Meadows to the American Legion Hall. They sounded awful. I mean, it was screeching vocals and booming, undefined bass. And they only had one of the guitarists. The girls were nowhere near as hot. All in all, it was actually kinda sad. Outside of that one concert, every opening act has gotten the standard {censored}ty mix but the performances have always been great.

• Members

I always wished i could've seen them on the Mellon Collie tour. I wasn't a fan until right before Adore came out. Seen them 3 times so far. (2000,2007,2010) Each time was great. My bootleg collection is massive so i can see how you might've caught an off night. I think they did 13 months to back that album. Which date was your show?

Lol dude I'm lucky I can remember what I had for breakfast. I couldn't tell ya when. It was in the early to mid 90's. maybe 94?? But im guessing. It was at Irving Plaza in Manhattan if that helps. Not that they played bad per se. But it just wasant for me man. I did not dig it

• Members

Lol dude I'm lucky I can remember what I had for breakfast. I couldn't tell ya when. It was in the early to mid 90's. maybe 94?? But im guessing. It was at Irving Plaza in Manhattan if that helps. Not that they played bad per se. But it just wasant for me man. I did not dig it

I played there to a packed house with Sevendust and Taproot on October 7th, 2008. Great venue.

Are you sure it wasn't at The Academy? That's the only one i can find on their tour list. I was gonna try to listen to the show to see how bad they were that night haha.

• Members

I saw White Zombie a couple of times in the early 90s. They were hands-down the sloppiest, drunkest-sounding live band I've ever seen. Collectively they sounded like a band who didn't really give a {censored} about their performance level. It wasn't even that they wanted to sound loose, they were way off. The second time I saw them, maybe two years after the first time, I remember thinking this couldn't be as bad as the first. And it was. I haven't seen them live since.

Looking back, I never saw them when John Tempesta drummed for them, but I'd bet he was a big improvement. Kinda wish I'd seen them in the mid 90s. That probably would have killed the bad taste in my mouth from the earlier shows.

I think putting John 5 in Rob Zombie's current band is a significant step up. I'd actually see them now.

funny, I was just thinking about Rob Zombie playing some fesitval a couple years back I think, he took the smaller of two stages and his voice was not good...kind of half hearted performance too...

• Members

I played there to a packed house with Sevendust and Taproot on October 7th, 2008. Great venue.

Are you sure it wasn't at The Academy? That's the only one i can find on their tour list. I was gonna try to listen to the show to see how bad they were that night haha.

Again I THINK that's where it was lol. Could be wrong. Maybe it was the academy but for some reason Irving plaza sticks in my head. Those were hazy days my friend. You may see it as a good performance but I just hated it. They were doing all this weird {censored} and we were like wtf... I dunno. All I know is that's the only time I walked outta a concert and I've gone to too many to count

• Members

So many bad shows to choose from...

The worst had to be, however, as someone else said, Bob Dylan, around 2005, maybe? He played an electric piano all night... never touched a guitar... and to make it worse, took meandering, tuneless keyboard "solos" on almost every song. I recognized maybe 4 songs the whole night (and I am a Dylan fan), but those were only because I caught a phrase or two of the lyrics, despite his "someone making fun of someone badly imitating Dylan" vocal style. The music, nor the melodies provided any clue as to what song it was supposed to be. The whole thing was unlistenable.

Merle Haggard opened, and was fantastic... so it wasn't a total loss.

• Members

I don't know which one was worst, but I remember that seeing Procol Harem back in the 70s and have them not play "Whiter Shade Of Pale" Damn near turned me inside out. Seemed like at least half the set and the entire encore I kept thinking "This is it!!"

and then it wouldn't be. :(

• Members

Limp Bizkit before they broke opening for Faith No More in 1997. They were like a bad joke. I thought that would be the last I heard from them, little did I know it was the beginning of the end of rock and roll as I knew it.

This was going to be my vote - saw the Philly show. LB was booed offstage, they may have lasted 10 minutes, but I don't think they lasted that long. FNM show was completely awesome.

• Members
I don't know which one was worst, but I remember that seeing Procol Harem back in the 70s and have them not play "Whiter Shade Of Pale" Damn near turned me inside out. Seemed like at least half the set and the entire encore I kept thinking "This is it!!"

and then it wouldn't be.
:(

I wonder if it was a situation where the one who actually owned the song was no longer in the band? I recall seeing Elvin Bishop back in the day and he wasn't able to do Fooled Around and Fell in Love.

• Members

and then it wouldn't be.
:(

I wonder if it was a situation where the one who actually owned the song was no longer in the band? I recall seeing Elvin Bishop back in the day and he wasn't able to do Fooled Around and Fell in Love.

Archived