Mojo for MetalheadUK

csm

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jan's latest FB post: "Just got home from hospital. Marc okay. He had a turn about 5. Temp sky high. After injections it slowly came down again. He's picked up again a bit & managed to eat a banana. (First food since Thursday) He's seeing the kidney doc tomorrow who done the op last Tuesday so hopefully will have a better idea of what's going on. There's still a very high chance he may have to go back to theatre to have tube inserted for 6 weeks which will hang out of his back ... Hope this is not the case. Anyway Night Night everyone, update you tomorrow.''

• Members

Jan's latest update: "He's passed some stones this morning & he's feeling much better. It looks like there were tiny stones that never got noticed. They have been trying to pass & caused infection. He's so much better since they passed. He even ate hospital lunch. They think they have broken the back of it. They are so pleased with him they were talking about him coming home in a day or two. He's had no pain relief today. I'm a little concerned tho' as he seems to be a little warm, not too much but a bit. Will have to see if he has a flare-up."

YAY, etc!

• Members

Tell Marc he when he gets back on his feet needs to drink LOTS OF WATER --every day! An acquaintance of mine suffers from the same malady, and it turns out he almost never drinks water... It may not do the trick, but it sure can't hurt!

• Members

^^^

Yep -- it's time to wean Marc off those sugary fizzy soft drinks!

Dayum! Exactly what the guy I knew was drinking (and still drinks, despite having his Doc and Wife pester him). Funny thing, too, he's a soccer coach (and player) and otherwise very healthy, but he not infrequently goes down with kidney stones...

• Members

Jan's latest update: "He's passed some stones this morning & he's feeling much better. It looks like there were tiny stones that never got noticed. They have been trying to pass & caused infection. He's so much better since they passed. He even ate hospital lunch. They think they have broken the back of it. They are so pleased with him they were talking about him coming home in a day or two. He's had no pain relief today. I'm a little concerned tho' as he seems to be a little warm, not too much but a bit. Will have to see if he has a flare-up."

YAY, etc!

OMG! Mucho Mojo! So glad Marc appears to have turned a corner!

I've passed a few small stones and it was extremely painful. I can only imagine what Marc has been going through with multiple stones. Wow! It probably feels a bit like trying to piss out shards of glass the size of bowling balls. :eek:

• Members

Latest from Jan: "Marc has been a lot better today. Hes eaten, had a walk to day room etc. He is passing lots of tiny stones which were probably stuck to edge of kidney as there was no room. This they think caused the blockage once the large stone was removed. Hence the infection. Anyway to cut a long story short, they have been really happy with him today. No pain relief & no temp. They said he probably could come home in a day or two if temp stays down & blood tests show infection is improving. Hes temp gone up a bit tonight but hes still bright & not in much pain, so I'll see what they say tomorrow."

Archived