Good Bye to Lamb Chop

Woody_in_MN

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The husky's name is Leah. Leah was a stray that showed up in my backyard one morning a few years ago. She had no chip, and no collar. We turned her into the police- who took her to a Vet Hospital. No one claimed her, so we ended up taking her.

One odd thing I have seen - like I said before Lamb spent the last few days in the entry way hall- right next to the kitchen. I am now starting to see Leah laying in the same area. That is not a usual spot for Leah. Either Leah is remembering Lamb, or taking in her energy. It is a remarkable thing to see.

When we lost Frankie (the dog in my avatar), one of our cats (who would curl up and sleep with Frankie frequently) would either sleep in his bed or sit staring at it for what seemed like hours. That lasted for at least a month after Frankie died. The bonds animals form with each other are just as strong as those they form with humans in my opinion.

I still really miss Frankie . . . that was back in February. He was an older dog already when we adopted him, and (for his size) a very old dog when he passed (he was 16 yrs. old and weight about 95 pounds).

• Members

Sorry I haven't been able to post before this -- what with the great forum flicker. Anyway, I just want to echo what everyone else has said. It's nice that people and animals are able to develop and sustain the sorts of friendships that are often more difficult to find between humans. I can't think of too many people who are as wonderful as the cats, dogs, and even guinea pigs I've known!

• Members

When we lost Frankie (the dog in my avatar), one of our cats (who would curl up and sleep with Frankie frequently) would either sleep in his bed or sit staring at it for what seemed like hours. That lasted for at least a month after Frankie died. The bonds animals form with each other are just as strong as those they form with humans in my opinion.

I still really miss Frankie . . . that was back in February. He was an older dog already when we adopted him, and (for his size) a very old dog when he passed (he was 16 yrs. old and weight about 95 pounds).

I remember when you posted after Frankie passed away. 16 years is a long dog life. I'm sure he had one of the best lives a dog could have. I said this before,but I loved Lamb up every day I had her. I still tell her good might before I go to sleep.

Archived