Good Bye to Lamb Chop

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I have GOT to quit opening this thread. It's been 9 1/2 weeks since Bella passed and I still cry nearly every day. Right now in Starbucks. I'm such a {censored} lol. Doesn't help that the last pup we're selling will probably go today. I can hardly even look at her.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lonnie- well you and me both. I guess I am not a manly man. I am tearing up every couple hours, instead of every couple minutes. So I guess that is progress.

I am trying to re-focus on my husky's health issues. Her problems started way before Lamb Chops. I did have the blood pressure checked on the husky yesterday, and got a callback that it was normal. They want to start her on Benazepril,which I think will help her to get more protein broken down, and into her blood stream. (The husky has low protein in her blood. Here energy is down a bit from her normal- but we think it really is more of a thyroid issue. But want to improve protein issue as well.)

People vs Pets? I mean I feel the same way. This one has been harder for me.

• Members

Lamb Chop's last good bye. Karen, the vet that did the euthanasia on Tuesday, did a plaque with a paw print. We have it sitting above the kitchen threshold. The hall outside the kitchen was one of Lamb's favorite spots, and actually where she spent the last few days of her life.

LAMB_PLAQUE.JPG

• Members

The husky's name is Leah. Leah was a stray that showed up in my backyard one morning a few years ago. She had no chip, and no collar. We turned her into the police- who took her to a Vet Hospital. No one claimed her, so we ended up taking her.

One odd thing I have seen - like I said before Lamb spent the last few days in the entry way hall- right next to the kitchen. I am now starting to see Leah laying in the same area. That is not a usual spot for Leah. Either Leah is remembering Lamb, or taking in her energy. It is a remarkable thing to see.

Archived