What's your favorite or recommended 1 x 12 combo amp?

GAS Man

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. I tried one and it kicked but.

Brunetti's are supposed to be better than Koch though, according to a review in HC of the studiotone FYI.

Laney's vintage styles are nice too.

I have a Mesa Mark One Re-Issue and that is ok for me, but try the new Laney Vintages.

I've never played a Brunetti, but do have a Laney. Very nice amp, but doesn't have the flexibility of the Koch.

That said, I can get 2 different Laneys for the price of one Koch. Fnarr fnarr.

• Members

I like my Goodsell Super 17 amps a LOT. => http://www.superseventeen.com/_Media/dsc_0083.jpeg

They're not cheap and you may have to drive a few miles to find one, but my two are head and shoulders above anything else I own or ever have owned. I liked my first one so much I purchased my second one the same week to make sure I had a spare. No regrets ever.

gosu17mk1xco1.jpg

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Aug/GoodSell_Super_Seventeen_Mark_Three_Review.aspx

• Members
I still love my Jet City combo. With a recent tube upgrade to JJ's (with a 5751 in V1), it sounds REALLY nice. This is not the amp for pristine cleans but for blues/classic rock stuff it's perfect. And it LOVES dirt pedals. Best $299 I've ever spent on a piece of gear.

DV016_Jpg_Large_583601_V.jpg

I, too, will second this one, having owned one for a couple of years. Wish I had it back now that I'm playing regularly away from home and have to lug a 100 watt head and 2x12 cab to do so (and yes, some of you told me at the time that I was making a mistake - sounds good, though:lol:).

The name missing from this discussion, so far, is Blackstar. I've played a couple of the 20 watt, 2 channel jobs, and a buddy of mine just bought one as a head/cab, and they sound really nice.

• Members

I was using a Rivera Clubster as my primary rig in the last full time band I played with. Kick ass little amp. Fender cleans and Marshall crunch is how it's often described and for good reason. Compact, doesn't weigh much and is pretty damned loud too!

• Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350055[/ATTACH]I still like my Fender 75.

It is clean and works well with pedals. The lead channel, eh I can hack it but its finnicky.
If I were buying today I would look at the Supersonic.
And I have a ridiculous lust for a Budda 18 watt.
Lots of nice amps on display here.

Archived