Who thinks hammer ons & pull off's are "weak sauce"?

LynchProtoge

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised how often I hear this. It's ridiculous. I actually think playing legato fast is a little tougher because it's harder for me to keep the rhythm tight - some fingers want to hit the string a hair before or behind the beat (not intentionally), and getting an even tone with hammer-ons and pull-offs is harder than with alternate picking.

• Members

I'm surprised how often I hear this. It's ridiculous. I actually think playing legato fast is a little tougher because it's harder for me to keep the rhythm tight - some fingers want to hit the string a hair before or behind the beat (not intentionally), and getting an even tone with hammer-ons and pull-offs is harder than with alternate picking.

• Members

I had to run after my last post to partake of fried unfertilized chicken embryos and shredded swine flesh, but I was going to post this as an interesting video so non-piano players (like me) can see how they slur their notes. It's more technical in some respects, but dang near accomplishes the same thing.

• Members

I had to run after my last post to partake of fried unfertilized chicken embryos and shredded swine flesh, but I was going to post this as an interesting video so non-piano players (like me) can see how they slur their notes. It's more technical in some respects, but dang near accomplishes the same thing.

Archived