Who thinks hammer ons & pull off's are "weak sauce"?

LynchProtoge

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by dparr

View Post

Musicians Limited.

He may have been on the wrong forum. He was likely looking for Limited Musicians but has dyslexia and got on the wrong forum. Until you can do hammer ons and pull-offs at will, you are not a professional guitarist IMHO. (BTW, I am not a professional guitarist).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dparr

View Post

Musicians Limited.

He may have been on the wrong forum. He was likely looking for Limited Musicians but has dyslexia and got on the wrong forum. Until you can do hammer ons and pull-offs at will, you are not a professional guitarist IMHO. (BTW, I am not a professional guitarist).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zooLemon

View Post

I mean, I'd probably need a much faster right hand to play lead well if I weren't allowed to use hammer-ons and pull-offs. If I'm playing a solo, probably only about half of the notes are picked.

But it's not supposed to be a matter of just hitting the notes.

I guess someone could make an argument that it's "weak sauce" if people simply use hammer ons and pull offs because their right hand is too slow. But hammer ons and pull offs should be used when they want to create the "slur" of a legato.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zooLemon

View Post

I mean, I'd probably need a much faster right hand to play lead well if I weren't allowed to use hammer-ons and pull-offs. If I'm playing a solo, probably only about half of the notes are picked.

But it's not supposed to be a matter of just hitting the notes.

I guess someone could make an argument that it's "weak sauce" if people simply use hammer ons and pull offs because their right hand is too slow. But hammer ons and pull offs should be used when they want to create the "slur" of a legato.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge

View Post

I've never really heard any of his stuff, is he big on hammers & pulls?

No. He is KING of hammer ons. He is the originator of the "Pull off's are retarded, and sound like dying cats" mentality. You'll never see the man doing pull-offs, he simply does hammer on's in both directions.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge

View Post

I've never really heard any of his stuff, is he big on hammers & pulls?

No. He is KING of hammer ons. He is the originator of the "Pull off's are retarded, and sound like dying cats" mentality. You'll never see the man doing pull-offs, he simply does hammer on's in both directions.

Archived