FROM MRS. LEOPARDSTAR

leopardstar

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I take a much needed break from HGC and come back to the news that Leopardstar is gone....? Oh my...

In my time here, I knew Johnny as one of the absolutely nicest guys posting here and I feel almost ashamed to be sitting at my computer, crying over someone that I never met but then again Leopardstar obviously meant a great deal to many of us. Much more than we ever considered while he alive. I guess that life is like that.

That said, my heart and prayers go out to the family. I know exactly what youre going through and especially at this holiday time, in an already tough year.

So leopardstar... The hard work is done for a while, so rest in peace, knowing that you are loved and missed by more people that you or they, ever realized.

• Members

So I take a much needed break from HGC and come back to the news that Leopardstar is gone....? Oh my...

In my time here, I knew Johnny as one of the absolutely nicest guys posting here and I feel almost ashamed to be sitting at my computer, crying over someone that I never met but then again Leopardstar obviously meant a great deal to many of us and much more than we ever considered while he alive. I guess that life is like that.

That said, my heart and prayers go out to the family. I know exactly what youre going through and especially at this holiday time of in already tough year.

So leopardstar, the hard work is done for a while, so rest in peace, knowing that you are loved and missed by more people that you ever realized.

You are not alone. I teared up twice at work after the news sunk in.

- w

• Members

Just found out - and I am indeed truly saddened to hear the news.

I wasn't even aware until now that he'd taken another turn for the worse. I knew he'd been down before, but he always seemed to come through.

My deepest sympathies to his wife and family.

Johnny was one of those few people who make this forum a better place.

He was kind in many ways to the members here and I had the privilege to exchange a few PMs with him and discuss some of his trials.

I'd also had the benefit of being inducted into his SG Army and had received several paw, nose and tail tip awards from Aslan. His willingness to make a nod to other peoples' NGDs was just one of the things that made him stand out as a selfless/charitable contributor.

I'm simply shocked and truly saddened.

I've captured these two images in my photobucket account to remember him by.

I will certainly miss his avatar and the man behind it

LEOPARDSTAR.jpg

And I was well aware of his love for his cherished SG Supreme and this is a good pic of the man.

JohnnyLeopardstar.jpg

I'll be keeping these images as my memorial to the man.

Thanks Johnny, it was good to know you (even in a cyber-sense), and it's sad to say goodbye. :cry:

• Members

It's a little known fact that there are two ways into heaven
There's the front gate, where you're handed your harp
But the lucky few know the second, it more resembles a loading dock
We already know our name is on the list, this gig was booked years ago
St. Peter isn't there to meet us, instead we're greeted by many,
Hugs, handshakes and hi-fives come at us from all sides,
Jimi, George and John, Randy, Stevie, and Jerry
These are just a few of those who are there to extend welcomes
Here the strings never break, cable never tangle, and picks are never lost
Our #1 is handed to us and we're brought to the stage
The tone is sweeter than anything we've ever heard on Earth
There is only one thing we look forward to more than each nights jam,
And that's whenever we get to welcome another brother to guitarist heaven.

RIP Leopardstar

• Members

Wow. I just got caught up and learned the sad news. Here's part of quote from Leopardstar back when we were lamenting Gibson's discontinuation of the SG Classic. Seems appropriate.

and on a very sad note, as reported earlier, we all hang our heads, with our hands over our hearts, as we hear a 21 gun salute to
the passing of the sg classic from the gibson production line

*bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang*

*salute*

...breaks out a lone trumpet and plays "Taps"...

:cry:

SMGWoodrowEnglishTUS.jpg

RIP Leopardstar.

• Members

Aliensporebomb here, I've been trying to post here for days since the hacking intrusion on this board and finally just created another account since I can't post or read e-mail or do anything.

But the real reason I'm posting:

I finally got on here and read this and was utterly shocked. I knew he was having some health issues but had no idea that the problems were that serious.

He was always very nice and gave me one of those awards to one of my guitars with the tail tip up or the like. I wish I still had but it looks like my e-mail was cleaned out (as in GONE) on my regular aliensporebomb account too.

Anyway, RIP and he was a good guy - one of those guys you never see too many of, welcoming supportive and just a good guy.

• Members

Again and again I am stunned how this medium links and bonds people. I have not been here much in the last months and missed this news completely. I am truly saddened. Floored. LS was really somebody whose posts I enjoyed to read; somebody who even through a few lines of text on a computer screen could say so much. My condolences go to the family and all who loved him.

• Members

To realize,

The value of a sister/brother:

Ask someone who doesn't have one.

To realize,

The value of ten years:

Ask a newly divorced couple.

To realize,

The value of four years:

Ask a graduate.

To realize,

The value of one year:

Ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realize,

The value of nine months:

Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize,

The value of one month:

Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize,

The value of one week:

Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize,

The value of one minute:

Ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize,

The value of one-second:

Ask a person who has survived an accident.

To realize,

The value of a friend or family member:

LOSE ONE.

Time waits for no one.

Treasure every moment you have.

You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone special.

My sincerest condolences to the family...

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you...

• Members

I finally got the guts up to read through this thread, having seen the RIP's in folks sig files. This tears me up but I felt I needed to read through it all.

I only knew Leopardstar through posts here on Harmony-Central forums. His were posts I always took time to read because of the way he came across. I can understand the feeling of loss that so many here have.

To those that were fortunate enough to have known him in real life you have my sincere condolences. May your grieving be short and your memories last a lifetime.

:cry:

• Members

While I really didn't know much about Leopardstar at all, it was obvious that he was a decent internet citizen and a hell of a nice guy. I know that he had some peculiar interconnecting thing with cats and guitars:-) and that he's gonna be missed by a lot of people in this forum, including me. So I'm sending my heartfelt condolences to Mrs. Leopardstar and Lep's family and friends who really knew him as more than just an avatar of a cat. I'll bet it was a privilege for those folks who could really call him a friend to have known him.

Archived