FROM MRS. LEOPARDSTAR

leopardstar

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This track is from an old sticky jam that Frets had set up. I think the backing track was called Ain't No Arizona. It reminded me of camping in the desert, watching the stars at night.

I think I posted late so my submission ended up in the next Sticky Jam. I recall Leopard Star offered some kind words and liked how I described the setting to go along with the music.

I reworked the whole track, re-recorded the backing track, and added some spacey sound effects. I think Leopard Star would have approved. This song will always remind me of him.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=935703&songID=8551093

• Members

I'm not very regular to these forums any more and was just passing through when i saw this thread.

I'm so sorry to hear about Leopardstar. He was a very memorable member around here, and a really nice guy. I'll never forget his aslan ratings..

RIP man.

• Members

I haven't been around in awhile but I'm moved and hurt at the same time, I didn't know Lepoardstar like some of you did, I think he gave my Godin a few tails and a tip, that's about it as far as knowing somebody here in cyberspace but I think it speaks volumes about online forums, this one is the best, you guys are for real. That's about all one can ask for in the modern world ...that people be real. RIP Lepoardstar ....hope to meet you in heaven one day, peace out in 2010 everyone

• Members

I don't know if I posted this but services for Johnny will be in Big Bear, Ca this Saturday at 11 am at the First Baptist Church. Potluck to follow. I will be there.

PM me for directions if needed. I know some of you knew him personally or live close enough to attend.

This thread and the kind words have been a great encouragement for Johnny's wife during this difficult time.

Surfy

• Members

I am very sad to hear this, my heart goes out to Leopardstar's family as well as his friends here and in the "real world".

I'm just returning to the forum after a break of over a year and I'm very disheartened to know that I'll never get to enjoy another authentic leopardstar post or Aslan rating.

Safe journey, brother.

Archived