• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by kmart

View Post

"Just"?

That's a lot of muffling in my eyes.

Fan of 70's sounding drums?

Not so much a fan of 70's as much as I can't really fine tune drums I guess?? I muffle some to get rid over too many overings and snare buzz. For the past 20 years I have mostly played as a hobby or small places and I have tried to control the boominess of the drums. I know if I gigged more or played bigger venues I would be losing more of the muffles I think.

Hats: 14" Sabian regular hats

Biggest Cymbal: 21" Sabian AA Dry Ride

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstix101

View Post

The Drum Pad in Palatine Illinois

x2, however it's a bit of a PITA to get to...

(This is me griping about how there isn't a single REALLY GOOD drum shop within the Chicago city limits. You know, Chicago, the city that had the FIRST drum shop, and which was ground zero for many US drum companies at one point?)

Not too down with having to make an hour trek to get to the 'home' shop.

• Members

It depends on the town that I'm in. Gelb music in Redwood city is probably my favorite that's reasonably close to me. My all time favorites are down in the LA area, which are the Pro drum shop in Hollywood and the other one is in Anaheim called West Coast music(?) It closed recently, and I can't remember the name right now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstix101

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kmart

View Post

x2, however it's a bit of a PITA to get to...

It's an hour drive from home, but only 3 minutes from work. So it is a lunchtime destination.

Unfortunately for me, even though I work well out of the city North, it's still a fair chunk West (and some South) of me, with no direct path; a lunch-time trip is ~60 min both ways, which leaves little time for browsing...

I do usually try to go on lunch though, as I'm kind of up that way, but that's why it's a PITA: I basically have to hit it and quit it as soon as I arrive.

Archived