Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bolted a camera mount to the ceiling, mounted the camera.

If you look closely at the hi-hat, you can see the glow from the flip-around screen of a second camera, whose footage I ultimately ended up not using.

And it was only after I had edited the video that I noticed the plastic Target bag off to the lower left. freak.gif

• Members

Not the best, but here goes.

This was shot last year from one of my band Catamaran's gigs. Drums, bass, two guitars. This is just a pre-show warm-up song... Unfortunately, this band is no longer together, but I'm thankful because we're all still friends, and from it emerged two awesome, awesome new projects. Anyways, check it out, we're not like your normal teenage high-school rock band.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mazinmets9

View Post

please check out my vid...id hardly call myself a drummer YET! but im on my way !! yes, u will say "wow, ur set up is weird", yes, ur correct >im a lefty ..and still tryin to figure out how to set up my kit. please enjoy!!

For just gettin' started, you're doin' fine. Don't beat yourself up for screwing up the end. Seen worse, played worse.thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nklarow

View Post

This was shot last year from one of my band Catamaran's gigs. Drums, bass, two guitars. This is just a pre-show warm-up song... Unfortunately, this band is no longer together, but I'm thankful because we're all still friends, and from it emerged two awesome, awesome new projects. Anyways, check it out, we're not like your normal teenage high-school rock band.

Cool Nate! Where the hell ya been? School?

marko

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nklarow

View Post

Very cool stuff man,

I like it a lot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBurton

View Post

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

During the first 15 seconds of your video I thought "Oh no, here's one of those clowns that posts a video of himself after owning a drumset for a week just playing a straight 4/4 beat for 4 minutes."

Boy, was I wrong. Excellent drumming and groove! I watched the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Members

Hi guys

Check out my opening drum ensemble on my website, just click the picture, there are 3 more clips on the "Free" Lesson Download page also...The Drum Ensemble is me and Sean Shannon from the "Pat Travers Band" and he also played with "Molly Hatchet" ...

http://www.drumschool.net

Peace !!! and you all have a great holiday

Lee Mangano

leeman@drumschool.net

• Members

^^^^ That's borderline love ballad right there man thumb.gif cool stuff....

We had a guitar player come audition last night, the singer who usually plays guitar switched to bass, and we wrote a song. Not bad for a first jam I think.

He just wrote the words and taped them on to the mic stand and was trying to see if all the words would fit, so yeah take that all into consideration...

Everything here is first time stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZEj7B04wOE

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBurton

View Post

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Jake, I really appreciate you posting this. It has given me the impetus to re-think and re-approach how I set my kit up, and is going to inspire me to another episode of 'ergonomic cleansing', in my seemingly never-ending quest to make my kit and playing style more efficient.

Part of my problem is, I'm very tall--6'6"--and I have, for years, tended to try to keep the toms and cymbals up in front of me (more or less), to try to have everything accessible as well as maintain a sort of visual perspective. It's also shaped my playing style, which I've never ever been terribly comfortable with. I think, setting my kit up along the lines of yours, I might be able to reduce the workload on my torso, maybe make gigs a little less exhausting. Hopefully, I'd have more fun, too.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Still can't solo for crap... I wanted to break out my Yamaha snare with the black Aquarian head on it...

Was going over fills today for a song, some of them got kept, some got thrown out..

Most of these are easy, some of them are really hard for me.

But anyway here goes... been at it almost 11 months now so be nice tongue.gif

I tried to do it like Matt Sorum's video of his rock fills, all organized and stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs1oGqNenpk

Edit: Wow you tube really screwed my video up, the audio doesn't sync up on half of it whats up with that??

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zildjian@consol

View Post

Hey I liked that ,Thats what I need to do.thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by marko46

View Post

Box, for 11 months man, you do not suck. You played some clean/cool fills there, I really thought that was pretty damn cool man!thumb.gif

Thank you cool.gif

Did you happen to notice if I had any obvious bad habits, technique or anything I should be working on?

Archived