Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi,
My name is Nir (pronounced NEAR) and I am a 36 year old drummer from Israel. As you can see, this is my first message here.
Here's my video

My band is called Salem and this solo opened one of our shows last year.
There's more of me to listen to (not as metallic though) at www.myspace.com/nirnakav

I'll be glad to hear from you and have no fear, I am old enough to tackle criticism. Hit me (figuratively speaking).

• Members

Good playing man, you rock!!!
Looks like a cool scene going on over there...

Quote Originally Posted by Nir Nakav View Post
Hi,
My name is Nir (pronounced NEAR) and I am a 36 year old drummer from Israel. As you can see, this is my first message here.
Here's my video

My band is called Salem and this solo opened one of our shows last year.
There's more of me to listen to (not as metallic though) at www.myspace.com/nirnakav

I'll be glad to hear from you and have no fear, I am old enough to tackle criticism. Hit me (figuratively speaking).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you all for your warm welcome. Always nice to hear kind words about something you are so passionate about. Sorry it took me quite a while to post this... I forgot my password... well, to be honest, I am cyber challenged and I am doing almost nothing to remedy the situation... too busy practicing paradiddles.

Yes, we have a nice growing scene in Israel. It has seen better days. Hopefully the wheels on this bus are still going round and round. I always thought it was funny when musicians from extreme metal bands were complaining about record sales or show attendence. This style of music was never about any of that. So, although less people in the country buy metal CDs and go to shows, I still think we have a great scene with lots of bands that are very promising.

Whenever I am in the studio and there is some time left, I always ask the engineer if he would just let me go at it for 5 minutes. That is how Roach Waltz (based of course on Max Roach's The Drum also Waltzes) and Wipeout were born. I like to bring non metallic material into my world and add my twist.

I usually do not play drum solos but on one particular show... we were filming and recording and I wanted to make sure that the recording engineer got a good drum sound so the show started with a solo. (Hence the name Foreplay). The main theme is a wink to Mr Pete Sandoval's Drum Check (off of Heretic) and the middle section is a classic 6/8 going into straight 4/4 with some Q&A from the masses... there were not as many people in the crowd as I expected so to this day I think that the solo would have turned out longer and more intricate if there were people to interact with. BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING.

Sorry for this very long megalomaniac message. I hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Have a great weekend y'all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i'am demas from Indonesia,iam 15 years old right now,and this is one of my performance when i was 9 years old..i really waiting for all comment about my performance either is good comment or bad comment...thank you for your time to watching this..you can also see my wesbite at http://www.demasnarawangsa.com.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

• Members
thumb.gifdemas_demas- very enjoyable man! Your versitality is impressive. I loved te jazz deal dude. On you first video- first post, how the hell did you get that Hi-hat so hi? Or am I high? Anyway, if your 15, I'll be watchin' for ya. Thanks

orange_black,
That looked like a boatload of fun man. That was very cool. It's tough to find another drummer you can gel with and feed off each other. Great video!thumb.gif

Thanks to you bothcool.gifwave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cross Eyed Mary View Post
Damn, i totally thought you were about to gack it up.
Not sure what gack means lol... Is it a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2xBass View Post
Where are you?
At some rich people party, they put us out on the small deck for some reason. they had 3 of them and we got the small one for a stage... I'm the skinny nerd playing drums icon_lol.gif

• Members

Once I found you, it was cool man. I didn't hear any train wrecks by any means. If anything, your guitarist soloed outa key a bit, but our guitarist in the blues band has a tendency to do that, which irritates me, so...........
Ya did fine.

BTW, no offence meant towards you box, but I hate that {censored}ing song. Don't know why other then the fact it was/is played to death on the radio.

• Members

Yes he does wonder off sometimes when we adlib jam like that. Being a guitar player myself it drives me crazy, but he's a good player and doesnt tell me how to drum so I don't complain.
And yes I agree that song is way over played, but its kinda like free bird, people asked for it so in the set list it went. I don't make the list, they hand it to me before we play, and most of the time its got some songs I don't know or like on it.
Clapton has so many good tunes to choose from, but people always ask for that one. So no offense taken bro.

Quote Originally Posted by marko46 View Post
Once I found you, it was cool man. I didn't hear any train wrecks by any means. If anything, your guitarist soloed outa key a bit, but our guitarist in the blues band has a tendency to do that, which irritates me, so...........
Ya did fine.

BTW, no offence meant towards you box, but I hate that {censored}ing song. Don't know why other then the fact it was/is played to death on the radio.

Archived