Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey everyone, this is my first post here at Harmony Central. I figured this video thread would be a good way for me to introduce myself, so with that let's get to the vids! I hope you all enjoy, and by all means LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! Thanks, and it's great to be a part of this forum!

Sincerely,

Andrew McAuley

1. short drum n bass montage

2. baio solo

3. Billy Martin's main groove from Medeski Martin & Wood's "Latin Shuffle"

4. improvisational "free" solo

5. recording my songs, "The Kush" and "The Kush Revisited (The B Hit)"

6. shaker groove

7. rainstick groove

8. guaguanco

9. guaguanco variation

10. groove montage

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats

View Post

Hey everyone, this is my first post here at Harmony Central. I figured this video thread would be a good way for me to introduce myself, so with that let's get to the vids! I hope you all enjoy, and by all means LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! Thanks, and it's great to be a part of this forum!

Sincerely,

Andrew McAuley

1. short drum n bass montage

2. baio solo

3. Billy Martin's main groove from Medeski Martin & Wood's "Latin Shuffle"

4. improvisational "free" solo

5. recording my songs, "The Kush" and "The Kush Revisited (The B Hit)"

6. shaker groove

7. rainstick groove

8. guaguanco

9. guaguanco variation

10. groove montage

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

I liked a lot of those grooves. I got a laugh from the Rainstick though. Bet your arm was tired after that

• Members

Here's some footage shot by Jimmy on his little digital camera, taken this afternoon during a studio session. Very raw video.

I know it sounds like I'm just noodlin' around, but trust me, there's a song playing in the phones. This is like the last 2 minutes of the first take of the track, the first time I'd played the tune, and perhaps the 3rd time I'd heard it.

Oh, and this is the studio kit, not one of mine.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

Whos the other guy, telling you how to play your drums??? He needs to stop that...

That's the producer. It's his tune. My job is to do, or attempt to do, what he'd like. We did something like 10 takes. Each take, I'd try something new, then he'd comment like "keep that, but put it here. . ." that kinda stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerArk

View Post

Here's some footage shot by Jimmy on his little digital camera, taken this afternoon during a studio session. Very raw video.

I know it sounds like I'm just noodlin' around, but trust me, there's a song playing in the phones. This is like the last 2 minutes of the first take of the track, the first time I'd played the tune, and perhaps the 3rd time I'd heard it.

Oh, and this is the studio kit, not one of mine.

The guy at the end is a good laugh. Watching the hand motions with what hes trying to say just made me giggle a bit. I liked the opening groove personally

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCav

View Post

The guy at the end is a good laugh. Watching the hand motions with what hes trying to say just made me giggle a bit. I liked the opening groove personally

Yeah, he's definately NOT a drummer. But he's a really good, honest dude. And his checks always cash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

here is a song of the robot's guide to living in which i play drums for hope you can enjoy the music im mainly proud of the triplet double bass toward the end as it is the only time i remember doing it that fast. though its a poor cammer frown.gif

Edit - fixed bad link

• Members

the only stuff i have to show is my band's myspace.

heres the link. be easy on the criticism though, all the recordings are live, and we were having a really sloppy night that show.

www.myspace.com/bbeboston

• Members

I was tired of constantly coming to these videos with nothing to offer, so today I decided to film myself just goofing off to a Between the Buried and Me song, and decided to record it.

Here is part 1...eek.gif

For higher quality go to...

Archived