Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

Most of these are easy, some of them are really hard for me.

But anyway here goes... been at it almost 11 months now so be nice tongue.gif

I tried to do it like Matt Sorum's video of his rock fills, all organized and stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs1oGqNenpk

eek.gif

Great fills! That snare drum sounds awesome! Really, your whole kit sounds really good.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

Charlie Lobo rocks!! thumb.gif

Cute little sucker.

Charlie had lots of surgery ( herniated disc > back surgery ) in the last year --doesn't walk too good these days --- cut from chin to tail

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by C JoGo

View Post

Charlie had lots of surgery ( herniated disc > back surgery ) in the last year --doesn't walk too good these days --- cut from chin to tail

Herniated discs....the curse of the dachshund. Make sure he rests and no jumping!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomdrums

View Post

Here's a video from my blues band, Old Dog & the New Tricks, at one of our gigs on August 23, 2008.

BoomBoom..........This vid just rocks man,love the shades and hats,true bluesy and your really goodthumb.gifThose old Slingy snares where named King for a reason!

• Members

Sounded good to begin with, but got old fast. Good drum solos use more than two or three "tricks from the bag" and have dynamics -- an ebb and flow if you will. Seems to be lacking with a lot of the metal drummers, even the ones with good chops.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StevenMelensen

View Post

Here's a video of my band's drummer. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHhtNLXMZ4

I think that I'm not going to judge him on his groove, since that's not what he was trying to show off in this video.

HOWEVER, I do believe that his chops are seriously lacking. His solo consists of a bunch of double bass licks and cymbal hits mish-moshed together to try to create something impressive to the unsophisticated ear.

Archived