Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

Not sure what gack means lol... Is it a good thing?

At some rich people party, they put us out on the small deck for some reason. they had 3 of them and we got the small one for a stage... I'm the skinny nerd playing drums icon_lol.gif

Gack it up, ride the rails, ride the white pony, loveboat, ashy larry, sherman hellllmsleyyy.....

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Demas, once again you smoked that. Cool jazz/funk tune. I'd love to play something like that. I wouldn't be as quick as you are on the fills, but I could hang. You're a great talent man. Consider yourself blessed for sure. thumb.gif

Later,

markcool.gif

• Members

This is the drummer from my band. NOT ME. Thought I would post this here thou. He's awesome. He plays with a click and boy what a difference it makes as a band. We gave a few mics out to the crowd and everyone was just having fun.

Somebody recorded this on a small digital camera. Not the best quality but hey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFYn9O4YPs

• Members

Hey guys I connected a synthesizer to my electronic drum kit. This is what it sounds like so far. I still have to work out a few bugs. I'm going to post some more videos of this stuff using different sounds and styles in a few weeks. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

-Chris

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satman

View Post

damnitt i want one,personally i think thats cool as hell.

I thought hell was supposed to be hot?

Guess i'll find out. At least, i would if i believed in fairy tales....

Wait, no, scratch that, believing in them wouldn't make them true. Carry on. snacks.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

I'm practicing sooo hard and doing as many jam sessions as possible man...

Had a jam session with just guitar player last night, wasn't sure what to do, so we just jammed on stuff.. Pulled this out of my ass, I got sooo much work to do.. Practice makes perfect right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZhdRNb2b-U

Box I like you're groove!

Is that like a hidden camera or something?

• Members

Here's my first youtube vid. It's long and nothing was planned out, and I played what came to mind. I did have to edit it down b/c it was really long (20+minutes). I didn't do anything too super speedy, b/c it was my first day back after not playing for a week due to my son being born. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.thumb.gif

Let me know what you guys think.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Sorry about all the cheesy video FX, but they were there, and it helped to see that there were different parts in the video.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SYMBOLIC

View Post

Here's my first youtube vid. It's long and nothing was planned out, and I played what came to mind. I did have to edit it down b/c it was really long (20+minutes). I didn't do anything too super speedy, b/c it was my first day back after not playing for a week due to my son being born. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.thumb.gif

Let me know what you guys think.

Sorry about all the cheesy video FX, but they were there, and it helped to see that there were different parts in the video.

Cool man,

your set up looks very comfortable, and I like how it opens up in the center for a good view of the drummer from the front. You got skillz bro.... thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mazinmets9

View Post

please check out my vid...id hardly call myself a drummer YET! but im on my way !! yes, u will say "wow, ur set up is weird", yes, ur correct >im a lefty ..and still tryin to figure out how to set up my kit. please enjoy!!

SOLID... thumb.gif

There's a few lefty's around the forum here, I'll bet they could give a few pointers...

• Members

• Members

Well, what the hell...

Some caveats:

1) I really haven't sat down at a kit, consistently, in a few years. I used to be pretty damned good. Now, I have a rapidly expanding suck factor, despite having played since '72.

I've spent more time lately with other instruments, audio engineering, and photography, than drums.

2) This tune has no purpose other than to serve as a test for video production. I had an idea that I wanted to try out--see if I could make it happen in Final Cut 3--so I shot this in order to try the idea out. It has a melody, but I never got around to recording it.

The idea worked, but had a couple of flaws, most important of which is synchro issues, having to do with odd window sizes.

3) I made the tune up as I went. I tracked the drums first, and wrote the song in my head while cutting the drums. There are mistakes.

4) I shot video as I recorded the parts; the footage you see here is of me tracking the parts you hear... no tracks were dubbed over the video. Video is about 3 or 4 years old, now, shot in the place I just moved out of a couple months ago (great space for tracking, too...dammit..)

5) I don't really know why I'm posting this, other than I figure if it's gonna sit on a server, somewhere, it oughta be accessed.

So, I'm sorry for foisting this on you.

Archived