Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 2xBass View Post
I was tired of constantly coming to these videos with nothing to offer, so today I decided to film myself just goofing off to a Between the Buried and Me song, and decided to record it.

Here is part I...eek.gif

For higher quality go to...
That vented tom is awesome wink.gif

Nice playing thumb.gif

I'm going to have to give it a year or two before my beginner ass is ready to post a video in this thread...

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks satman and captainobvious. Actually, my friend is letting me borrow his video camera, so I have been putting up a drum video a day of some random song that I have no previous experience playing. It is really fun.

The song I posted here was the only song that I took a few days to learn, it was a challenge at some points but on a whole pretty simple. I will post some more later today.

Yeah, that tom was fun to play like that, hahaha. But it is a G2 so I at least had the second head to hit.

If you have any other suggestions for songs I should try, please let me know.

EDIT: I have only been playing for a year.

• Members

2xBass, less severe angles on your toms and snare might really help your technique. I used to play with angles like that 2-3 years ago, and now my snare is flat, and my toms are slightly angled, and it makes getting around the kit a lot easier.

• Members

I have tried levelling them out, but I find that when I do, everything becomes a rimshot and sounds horrible. As I continue to grow, I am hoping to eventually "tower" above my drums enough so that I can flatten them out.

• Members

The angles on the toms look totally reasonable and usable. Completely in "the zone" IMHO. Snare angle might be a tad steep, though in my experience it doesn't matter much for matched grip. Only other thing I can notice is the floor tom isn't angled like the rest of the drums are, but that's minor.

• Members

play whats comfortable, though i've heard that its better on the heads if the stick isn't hitting at too much of an angle. but personal preff is what its all about, i had mine angled like that also but just changed it up so they set higher than my snare i can actually go faster and its easyer to mic my snare as my set up has my 2 racks in front of me instead of shifted to the right.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwix

View Post

very sloppy, but here's a vid of me just dinkin' around. testing out the picture and audio of my new cam, need a -40dB pad for the audio input.

Tiger Woods?

• Members

Hey chaps and chapesses,
I'm already a member of a fair few forums around the interweb but I found this one and thought I'd sign up and see what was on offer. smile.gif

Watched a fair few of the videos here and I can safely say that I'm not quite at the level to compete with some of you guys yet but I thought I'd see what you guys think.

These are a couple of original tracks that we video at one of our rehearsals, they are not quite complete yet and a little rough (Especially towards the end) and unfortunately our lead guitarist decided to stand between me and the camera. Anyway here they are let me know what you think smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adcZ-2NZ2Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_HvMdeF9o

• Members

Greetings, I posted an electronic drum solo video here a few months ago and I just got around to making another one. I've been experimenting with different synth modules I've connected to my e-drum kit. This new one is kind of ambient. The video sync is a little weird after I uploaded it to YouTube.....I'm gonna check into it. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
-CK

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 2xBass View Post
Welcome to Hell, Mooseh wave.gif

As for the videos, what I first noiticed was that the bass player in the back with the capri-jeans was rocking out harder than anyone else. confused.gif
Yeah the best of the band are fairly static (Other than myself of course :p) they are all a little self concious I fear.

Archived