• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by chugheshc

I don't know if anyone has read this:

I'm getting ready to buy the book, but in this interview,

Interview with Sam Harris he

gives an interesting thought: (forgive my inaccurate quotation)

C>

Great book! The most sober document I've read in a long time.

Another worth checking out is "The Trouble With Islam Today" by Irshad Manji. Now SHE is a good Muslim.

• Members

Well it is simplistic to say if there was no religion there would be no war. Hitler was not representing a religion, he had an ideology, same with Stalin and the USSR. And so too with these Islamic extremists, they have an ideology based on a religion but also deviant from that religion, which motivates them.

It is extremely difficult to defeat an idea. Unless it is attached to a government. It is looking like extremist Islam is attached to many governments, like Pakistan, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by Rob Martinez

It is looking like extremist Islam is attached to many governments...Turkey

Just because an Conservative Islamic party has a parlimentary majority?

Turkey was and is one of the most staunchly secular countries in the world...An Islamic Government was removed in 1997 because the religious orientation was a threat to the country's secular commitments...

Popular support may be rising, but to say it's "attached" is a gross exaggeration...

• Members

Thank you, Crescent Seven, for making my point for me!

The issue at hand is how Muslims act in the world TODAY. Whatever my, or the pope's opinion, the fact is, they need to learn to live in the world with the rest of us.

I don't think the pope owes anyone an apology. Just like Crescent Seven doesn't.

I guess I was confused with what your point was supposed to be, but hey...:D

• Members

Well it is simplistic to say if there was no religion there would be no war. Hitler was not representing a religion, he had an ideology, same with Stalin and the USSR. And so too with these Islamic extremists, they have an ideology based on a religion but also deviant from that religion, which motivates them.

It is extremely difficult to defeat an idea. Unless it is attached to a government. It is looking like extremist Islam is attached to many governments, like Pakistan, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, etc.

It is simplistic for sure, but not hard to wonder whether religion is worth it in the end. We know racism isn't worth it, but this is what it is all about also.

Hitler had racial motivations and in my view acted as many religions do; to cleanse and purify, while proliferating their own kind. Racial or religious, both had the same result.

Australian Prime Minister has been under fire for trying to encourage Muslim and associated people to do some internal "corruption defense". Same thing is happening worldwide. It seems that governments, communities or states who clearly harbour religous extremists are loathe to do anything about it.

That puts them in the same basket, innocent people included. It is hard to accept those who are not filled with hate when they do not openly condemn their compatriots for their hate filled words and actions. Too much silence for fear of being outcast.

• Members

Originally posted by SoundwaveLove

The Muslims I know are the hardest working people i've ever meet. One of my roomates was a muslim. He worked 60 hours a week. I've also met some who work up to three jobs.

I don't see why people get so upset about what Nazi Pope says. I mean he's a nazi, he's bound to be an ass.

Yeah, you're opinion isn't biased at all.:rolleyes:

Tell your roommate to get on over to the Middle East and set a better example for his peers.:D

C7

• Members

Thank you, Crescent Seven, for making my point for me!

The issue at hand is how Muslims act in the world TODAY. Whatever my, or the pope's opinion, the fact is, they need to learn to live in the world with the rest of us.

I don't think the pope owes anyone an apology. Just like Crescent Seven doesn't.

That's just exactly the point.

The moslems don't want to live in this world because as many of you forumites love to point out, the big bad US and its proxy, Israel are to blame for all the pain and suffering in the world. And the poor 'disinfranchised' arab youth have nothing better to do with their time than to be outraged and to suit up with the C4. Poor poor boys. Gee, if they are such peaceful and charitable people then what happens to all that money you and I send there? Where is it?

Freedom of religion, yes, that is practiced all over the moslem world, isn't it?

Freedom of speech, yes, that is practiced all over the moslem world, isn't it?

Women are allowed to vote and live free, they are not told what to do and what to wear, yes, that is practiced all over the moslem world, isn't it?

When you grow up you should expect to live free and die by the sword a violent death so you may live in paradise with your virgins, yes, that is practiced all over the moslem world, isn't it?

RRRRReeeeaaaaallllll peaceful religion, isn't it?

And yes, we must excuse this kind of barbarism because the UN and Europe thinks we should all get along. :rolleyes:

So, Jazz, terrorism has become routine to you huh? Good for you! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have you and your countrymen surrendered once again?

;)

• Members

Soundwavelove, your comments about the pope are pure stupidity.

KK, the government of Turkey is as close as a Muslim country has come to having a democracy. Still, their reaction to the pope's comments show that, just under the surface, they stand against the west, when push comes to shove.

The pope gave a response today that hopefully will appease the fascist bastards.

• Members

Put the shoe on the other foot. If the United States Marine Corp became a secular religous group and chanted death to all jihadists everywhere would they be considered racists...? Oh wait, they're already doing that......

I don't believe there will ever be peace in the middle east until there is a middle class to buffer the societies there. When people have something to lose they become more controlable. When you have an enpoverished population mired in hopelessness they'll gravitate to whatever gives them a feeling of worth, respect and a sense of belonging. That makes them easy prey for anyone who'll feed them ideas, weapons, and food.

This is not too far off from those who claim that the dwindling middle class here in the good ole USA will one day rise up against the upper class when it ceases to exist.

• Members

Originally posted by Markee

I don't believe there will ever be peace in the middle east until there is a middle class to buffer the societies there.

We have exactly that in the West and it doesn't change a thing.

Peace in the middle-East is next to unachievable. Kinda hard to imagine peace on Earth.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by hawkhuff

And yes, we must excuse this kind of barbarism because the UN and Europe thinks we should all get along.
:rolleyes:

So, Jazz, terrorism has become routine to you huh? Good for you!

;)

I'd hate to think that Europe is repeating history once again and allowing a malevolent neighbor build strength.

• Members

Originally posted by hawkhuff

When you grow up you should expect to live free and die by the sword a violent death so you may live in paradise with your virgins, yes, that is practiced all over the moslem world, isn't it?

RRRRReeeeaaaaallllll peaceful religion, isn't it?

And yes, we must excuse this kind of barbarism because the UN and Europe thinks we should all get along.

So, Jazz, terrorism has become routine to you huh? Good for you!

;)

Archie Bunker, Joe McCarthy and David Duke all rolled into one. Quite a piece of work. Unrepentant troll, or consumed by hate? Tough call.

• Members

Originally posted by Markee

Put the shoe on the other foot. If the United States Marine Corp became a secular religous group and chanted death to all jihadists everywhere would they be considered racists...? Oh wait, they're already doing that......

what are you talking about? We're talking about Religion here, not racism.

Let me clarify something that many people have already pointed out. I know that some Muslims work, the title of the thread was tounge in cheek. But again like so many others have pointed out, we never see pictures from the Middle East of groups protesting anything other than something about the West or Israel. We never hear about any of these clerics preaching anything other than their 11 century nonsense. I mean do you realize that their were mass protests all across the world about a group of cartoons......{censored}ING CARTOONS!!

You know I wish 20/20 or Date line would do a hidden camera thing inside a mosk instead of the sexual predator stuff that is the guaranteed ratings grabber. I think thatwould have a tremendous impact on the preceptions that most Americans have. Of course as soon as video of that came out we'd probably see effegies of Stone Phillips burning in the streets of the Middle East.

• Members

I think it's hilarious that the same people who rail against the MSM and claim they don't present an accurate picture of what is happening in Iraq, also have no problem saying, "Gee, I saw all them Muslims on TV dancing around an effigy" and assume it must be an accurate portrayal of all Muslims everywhere.

Archived