Do Muslims work?

B-Bottom

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

Nothing wrong with mocking a "community of people."

Unfortunately, that's not what happens here.

What happens is some here (C7, RSB and B-Bottom, namely) take their (sometimes quite appropriate) disgust for the actions of a few, and misapply it to an entire group of people.

THAT is a clear sign of pure
ignorance and bigotry.
That is the sign of someone who sees the world as black and white (memo: it isn't), of a simpleton who doesn't have the mental capacity to understand that not all 1.3 billion Muslims in this world think the exact same way.

Of course, what will they tell you? They'll tell you that all Muslims must all feel the same way because they haven't explicitly condemned the extremists' actions (e.g., guilty unless proven innocent). Sounds too much like 17th century Salem, or McCartheyism to me.

I dunno, maybe if C7, RSB, B-Bottom were happy with their jobs (lives), they might not hate so much. Just a thought.

Hmm, I'm wondering how I fit into this category... I just said those posts are funny as hell, because they are. If you think it's offensive or whatever because you can't take a joke, well, grow a pair of balls and welcome to the real world my friend. :)

I don't have hate for Muslims in general. Never in the Mexico or this thread have I said that. I'd like for you to point that out for me if so, though...

And actually, if you bbl knew {censored} about anyone, which obviously you don't, I absolutely love my life. It's pretty pathetic that the only argument you can muster is that because someone has a strong view on things that are both morally and criminally wrong, they somehow have "hate" in their life and "hate" what they do... I {censored}ing love what I do. I love my job and learning what I do and actually helping people for a living... Maybe if you did {censored} with your life you could do that too instead of just trying to look like some higher up on a {censored}ing internet forum... I really couldn't give a flying {censored} what Al-Qaeda or the Muslim population in general do on the other side of the world.

People like you and many others don't have a {censored}in' clue as to how things in this country even work at the DOT, DOJ, IRS and ATF levels, because you don't involve yourself with them.

You say you pay your taxes and that makes you happy but oh wait- someone can't say "well, where does it say that this is even right?" because that's a bigotted and inflammatory and ignorant remark, right??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For all the people that purport to be "the smart ones", there sure is a lot of bull{censored} thrown around...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Mike in Utica

Umm....Try just a little harder in your search for the anti-christian rants. Let's not turn this into one. The point, I believe, is just because you don't or agree with a post or thread don't start crying. I'm not crying about anti-christian or anti-american posts or threads.... just clarifying What's good for the goose....eh?

Then please point me to one, because I don't believe I've ever seen an anti-Christian thread on here. I've seen only a very few anti-American comments in the years I've been on this forum.

• Members

Originally posted by Smorgasboy

It disappoints me that smart people defend stupid points of view.

Partisanship is what it is, but the {censored}ing thread title is "Do Muslims work?". It's intentionally inflammatory, and it's incredibly insulting when it comes from someone who enjoys the GOOD LUCK to have been born in the richest country in the world. Some of you guys need to get the {censored} over yourselves--the only reason your arrogant asses are driving a Ford and living in a nice, vinyl sided tract home, instead of a mud hut, is geography.

If you'd like to know the answer to whether or not Muslims work it's an emphatic yes, poignantly illustrated
here.

People are people. Some of them are cool, some of them are assholes. All over the world.

Whoa there buddy! You are WAY outa line on this one. I find a LOT more arrogant ashholes drive Chevy's than Fords! :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

I dunno, maybe if C7, RSB, B-Bottom were happy with their jobs (lives), they might not hate so much. Just a thought.

When have I ever said I hate my life? I make good money, I have an awesome wife, I own my house, I have 2 nice cars, I have friends (even liberal ones :D), my family is all around me, my dogs are the {censored}, I'm not drowning in debt, and I play music all the time.

I like my job, too. I just want to get promoted faster and make even more money.:D

Oh, and I get a free pitcher of Budweiser every time the Broncos score.:D

You can say that I'm a hateful person if you want, but I've declared who I don't care for, and yeah, I make big sweeping distinctions. I don't like Arab Muslims that burn my flag and want to kill me, loud-mouthed hippies that want to do the same, and illegal Mexican immigrants. Other than that, I'm cool with pretty much everybody.

Even people that try to discount my opinion by calling me a hatemonger and assuming my life sucks.:)

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

I swear upon all that is holy.....I will avenge this.

JIHAD!!!!!!

*now where'd I put my group of disenfranchised students??*

Hmmm, these days, I bet you could find some people that aren't too busy and are feeling disenfranchised right outside the nearest Ford plant. :(

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

And perhaps if we saw Muslims doing something besides protest and violence, folks wouldn't ask what else they do.

Again, what a short-sided statement you've made. If we saw Muslims doing something besides protest and violence? I see Muslims all the time, working, going about their day. Doesn't make the news, though. Do you not see Muslims where you live? Or do you not notice them?

Your statement seems to validate the "generalization" that people here are making about Muslims. I think that's terribly sad. And I don't think you're that narrow-minded.

Is it ever possible for you to look at the issue rather than parsing the message for the author's 'problems'? Which is more important; whether RSB or any other anonymous poster on an internet forum is careful to be specific rather than general, or the actions of those to whom he's calling attention? There are several in this forum that make it sport to do so. Do you support the Muslims in question here? I suspect not. Then why not try a different tack of addressing your problems with the form, and try to concentrate on the content?

Maybe you should read the thread title again. Racism, bigotry, and ignorance are much more of a threat to this country, us, our children, and our future, than a protest on the other side of this planet.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

I don't like the tone of this discussion at all.

It reeks of racism and intolerance.

And I will behead the INFIDELS responsible.....oh wait that's not going to be possible with the moniker swapping thing going on.

I will print out this thread and burn it in the street instead!

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

Maybe you should read the thread title again. Racism, bigotry, and ignorance are much more of a threat to this country, us, our children, and our future, than a protest on the other side of this planet.

I disagree. I hate racism, and bigotry. Ignorance saddens me. But you should invite everyone in the original picture to come over to your house for the afternoon and then you will understand real hatred toward you, your family, and everything you have worked hard to accomplish in your life. Because they are thousands of miles away doesn't make them harmless. Very few Americans know that kind of hatred. Just because you may work or live around pleasant Muslim people doesn't make the people in the photo harmless. Which would you rather have hurled at you, a bigoted slur from an American, or a grenade? Would you rather be denied a job because of your heritage or shot with an AK-47?

• Members

Originally posted by KeysBear

Which would you rather have hurled at you, a bigoted slur from an American, or a grenade? Would you rather be denied a job because of your heritage or shot with an AK-47?

Well, neither is excusable, really, but your point is well met. I don't cross the street when I see an Arab walking down the street towards me, or throw slurs and epithets at anybody, I just don't live my life like that. But if I stumbled upon that scene, even in my own city, I wouldn't stick around, because there's a good chance I'll get my ass beat.

As hateful as people think Americans are, we just don't have that kind of thing going on in our streets, especially not in the form of spontaneous violence and outrage over something like the Pope saying something we disagree with. Over in the Middle East people firebomb embassies and kidnap Westerners over cartoons and quotes taken out of context. Any little itty-bitty quote that can be construed as offensive toward Islam sparks incredible overreaction and violence. Yet, as has been said a thousand times here, Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace and tolerance. Somebody is teaching these young Muslim men that it's their duty to go out and fire rocket-propelled grenades at motorcades and embassies, and it's not their mothers. Incidentally, these guys spent an enormous amount of time in mosques, when they aren't working, of course.;)

I wonder who is inciting these actions? Could it possibly be the clerics and mullahs? Hmmmmm??:D

C7

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

No {censored}e. What anyone says means nothing. Their actions though, say everything.

No, no no, the muslims are a peaceful people.

One of the pillars of islam is not the jihad against all infadels.

No, no, no.

The muslims moslems, or whatever TF you call those people are never ever outraged about anything. No, no, never.

They are a peaceful people.;) ;)

I think the Pope is dead on but it might cost him his life.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that some nuslim shot the previous Pope?

No, sorry, they are peaceful people.

• Members

I love this forum. It saddens me that there are threads entitled "do Muslims work?" or "Another reason to hate Mexicans".

I am with Jazz Ad in this one. Those ARE racist statements.

I really don't care what some nameless people on the other side of the ocean belive, but I 've worked with muslims(from Iran), and they were a very nice bunch of people who worked hard and with dignity to make some money for their families.

That is my EXPERIENCE with them, not what the news show on them.

Peace

• Members

Thanks a lot for your input Hawkhuff. :rolleyes:

Just please, next time, don't use words or concepts about which you have no idea.

Thanks.

Muslims are people. Some are idiots, some are geniuses. Some are haters and some are lovers.

Check the panel of posters in this thread, you will get a general view of the forum's population. You'd find the same with a panel of muslims.

For the record, I don't like the Mexican thread either.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

Thanks a lot for your input Hawkhuff.
:rolleyes:
Just please, next time, don't use words or concepts about which you have no idea.

Thanks.

Muslims are people. Some are idiots, some are geniuses. Some are haters and some are lovers.

Check the panel of posters in this thread, you will get a general view of the forum's population. You'd find the same with a panel of muslims.

For the record, I don't like the Mexican thread either.

Not my problem you have ultra thin skin. Yes, that may be true that some are good and most not. Since you profess to know it all I guess I should thank you for those words of wisdom. Silly me, I somehow forgot that you knew everything. You probably should tone down your arrogance a little though.

However, I think the Pope was right on target. I am entitled to my opinion. You don't like it, why don't you toss me off your forum? Haven't you needed a reason?

Just look at the way your friends are, dare I say it again, outraged at something. Gee, how unusual. Didn't they just burn up half your country? You surrendered, right?

• Members

You really can't separate a person and his function can you ? Or express an opinion without resorting to insults ?

I happen to be a mod. You respect the rules and the players, we're fine. You don't, we bust your ass.

I also am a human being with opinions and the right to express them. Pour as much as you want over my head, I don't care. At all. You can't harm me this way.

You can't think properly when you're blinded by hate. Just like the guys up there in the pic, and just like you.

Every time you look at events through the filter of prejudices and personal agendas, you fail understanding {censored} to what happens. Just like the guys up there in the pic, and just like you.

What the Pope said is true and doesn't contain an ounce of hate. It's also true that it wasn't very wise to start this debate right now.

• Members

Originally posted by theoriz

I love this forum. It saddens me that there are threads entitled "do Muslims work?" or "Another reason to hate Mexicans".

It also saddens me that we have so many people on this forum who post and can't read English... :cry: :cry:

I'd actually like to read the "I hate Mexicans" thread, if you can find it for me.

And based on your initial reply- when was the last time you had the Mexican gov't. dumping the dregs of their society on your country because they refuse to do anything about it, while your own gov't. refuses to make a move either? Just curious...

Archived