Do Muslims work?

B-Bottom

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My other post was humor, at least I thought some of it was funny.

I would poke the same fun at the KKK and any other group of people who teach racism, hatered, murder and terrorism.

And if you don't think that the Muslim religion teaches those things... you only read the first 1/2 of the Koran. If you read the 2nd 1/2, you'll know why they cut the head off a non-believer.

• Members

Speaking from experience, the muslims I know work very hard and look after their families very well. Far more so than the average british person. This is of course only from those muslims that I have worked with, lived on the same street as etc, I can't speak for the wider community around the world.

• Members

Originally posted by ZedsDead

My other post was humor, at least I thought some of it was funny.

I would poke the same fun at the KKK and any other group of people who teach racism, hatered, murder and terrorism.

And if you don't think that the Muslim religion teaches those things... you only read the first 1/2 of the Koran. If you read the 2nd 1/2, you'll know why they cut the head off a non-believer.

Your post was damn hilarious! :D And yeah, I guess I'll get grouped into the racist hate-mongers too because I'm white and well, that by default means I can't like other races, right? Right, I mean c'mon... :rolleyes::p

But please Jazzy... Let's at least be consistent here, as has been pointed out numerous times...

• Members

Originally posted by Adrenochrome

I thought the question was about a religion, not a race?

No. The card was thrown PRIOR to my post. There's no turning back now. :) Religious discussions/taunting all go back to race anyhow.... It's just a front.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike in Utica

Better take off all the anti-Christian Rants too. I guess that is not seen as being intolerant because Christianity is the "majority" faith.

Where are you seeing anti-Christian rants? Please post a link to something you consider anti-Christian on this board, I'd really like to see an example.

Same goes for the purported anti-American posts claimed by C7.

I suspect you'll find there's just as much disagreement about those supposed "anti-Christian" and "anti-American" posts as there is about this thread, and at least some of the disagreement over whether they are truly as "anti-" as claimed comes from people who are both American and Christian.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

Where are you seeing anti-Christian rants? Please post a link to something you consider anti-Christian on this board, I'd really like to see an example.

I suspect you'll find there's just as much disagreement about those supposed "anti-Christian" and "anti-American" posts as there is about this thread, and at least some of the disagreement over whether they are truly as "anti-" as claimed comes from people who are both American and Christian.

Wow. Were you not here for the "do you actually believe in god?" mega thread from a week or two back?? Like there was just kind discussion there, like everywhere else on HCBF...

• CMS Author

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

It's the same as blaming all christians for fundamentalists and KKK.

A LITTLE BIT of a generalization.

No, it really isn't. A specific picture shows the people in question. And article describes the exact people involved. The only *gasp...that word!* generalization is describing the people by their ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR......Muslims. They aren't ALL students, they arent ALL poor, or clerics, or storeowners. While each and every Muslim doesn't show up to a rally, it would seem that any person of reasonable intelligence could determine that on their own without being thrown totally off-kilter by a (here's that awful term....) generalization.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

So it's not okay to mock and hate the community of people who burn effigies, chant "death to America", etc. and talk of nothing but jihad this, jihad that.....

Nothing wrong with mocking a "community of people."

Unfortunately, that's not what happens here.

What happens is some here (C7, RSB and B-Bottom, namely) take their (sometimes quite appropriate) disgust for the actions of a few, and misapply it to an entire group of people.

THAT is a clear sign of pure ignorance and bigotry. That is the sign of someone who sees the world as black and white (memo: it isn't), of a simpleton who doesn't have the mental capacity to understand that not all 1.3 billion Muslims in this world think the exact same way.

Of course, what will they tell you? They'll tell you that all Muslims must all feel the same way because they haven't explicitly condemned the extremists' actions (e.g., guilty unless proven innocent). Sounds too much like 17th century Salem, or McCartheyism to me.

I dunno, maybe if C7, RSB, B-Bottom were happy with their jobs (lives), they might not hate so much. Just a thought.

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

Nothing wrong with mocking a "community of people."

Unfortunately, that's not what happens here.

What happens is some here (C7, RSB and B-Bottom, namely) take their (sometimes quite appropriate) disgust for the actions of a few, and misapply it to an entire group of people.

THAT is a clear sign of pure
ignorance and bigotry.
That is the sign of someone who sees the world as black and white (memo: it isn't), of a simpleton who doesn't have the mental capacity to understand that not all 1.3 billion Muslims in this world think the exact same way.

Of course, what will they tell you? They'll tell you that all Muslims must all feel the same way because they haven't explicitly condemned the extremists' actions (e.g., guilty unless proven innocent). Sounds too much like 17th century Salem, or McCartheyism to me.

I dunno, maybe if C7, RSB, B-Bottom were happy with their jobs (lives), they might not hate so much. Just a thought.

Bingo!

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

No, it really isn't. A specific picture shows the people in question. And article describes the exact people involved. The only *gasp...that word!*
generalization
is describing the people by their ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR......Muslims. They aren't ALL students, they arent ALL poor, or clerics, or storeowners. While each and every Muslim doesn't show up to a rally, it would seem that any person of reasonable intelligence could determine that on their own without being thrown totally off-kilter by a (here's that awful term....)
generalization

You still haven't addressed jazz ad's point, which is a good one.

By the way, generalizing about an entire group of people isn't called "generalizing." It's called stereotyping, and there's no need for it. Period.

It's as stupid as reading about an abortion-clinic bombing and asking "Do Christians work?" :freak:

• CMS Author

Originally posted by bbl

You still haven't addressed jazz ad's point, which is a good one.

By the way, generalizing about an entire group of people isn't called "generalizing." It's called stereotyping, and there's no need for it. Period.

It's as stupid as reading about an abortion-clinic bombing and asking "Do Christians work?"
:freak:

I addressed the analogy, and "generalization" was his word.

And perhaps if we saw Muslims doing something besides protest and violence, folks wouldn't ask what else they do.

Is it ever possible for you to look at the issue rather than parsing the message for the author's 'problems'? Which is more important; whether RSB or any other anonymous poster on an internet forum is careful to be specific rather than general, or the actions of those to whom he's calling attention? There are several in this forum that make it sport to do so. Do you support the Muslims in question here? I suspect not. Then why not try a different tack of addressing your problems with the form, and try to concentrate on the content?

• Members

It disappoints me that smart people defend stupid points of view.

Partisanship is what it is, but the {censored}ing thread title is "Do Muslims work?". It's intentionally inflammatory, and it's incredibly insulting when it comes from someone who enjoys the GOOD LUCK to have been born in the richest country in the world. Some of you guys need to get the {censored} over yourselves--the only reason your arrogant asses are driving a Ford and living in a nice, vinyl sided tract home, instead of a mud hut, is geography.

If you'd like to know the answer to whether or not Muslims work it's an emphatic yes, poignantly illustrated here.

People are people. Some of them are cool, some of them are assholes. All over the world.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

Umm....Try just a little harder in your search for the anti-christian rants. Let's not turn this into one. The point, I believe, is just because you don't or agree with a post or thread don't start crying. I'm not crying about anti-christian or anti-american posts or threads.... just clarifying What's good for the goose....eh?

• Members

Interesting thread since it touches on an a much larger problem with both Harmony Central and the entertainment industry. Musicans, actors, comedians, newscasters, sports figures, and politicians in so many cases have big egos. Many are very skilled at charming people and can awe large audiences with their talents. That charm does not necessarily tranlate into intelligence or the ability to wrap their minds around intricate concepts. So much of today's politics focuses on a handful of pet issues that require little more than misplaced passion to divide people into opposing camps.

Sorry to say it but a lot of people at H.C. are just poorly educated entertainers who would do well to sit down and get to know themselves for a couple of months before sharing their ideas in public. Even the more educated often suffer from political groupthink. They just chant the party line no matter which side they support.

The lack of individualism here and across America (Europe, the world) is pathetic. You can't make intelligent decisions about who leads your country based solely upon the pros and cons of abortion, welfare, immigration, the environment, gay and minority rights, war, or your limited concept of what it takes to run this gigantic economy we enjoy. There are good people serving in both major political parties but for quite some time now the hate mongers and those people wanting to divide the country to promote their own agendas have been getting all of the attention.

The basic knowledge of civics and what it takes to maintain healthy communities is lost to this generation. The history of America and what it takes to live free from tyranny is also lost. If you see a country without a middle class it will never live free. All people need jobs, homes, security, and hope for a better life. Enable the Muslims to have those essentials and they will live in peace.

Just my fifty cents. Now go back to thinking you understand Muslim/minority/religious/working class pain and frustration.

• Members

Originally posted by Smorgasboy

It disappoints me that smart people defend stupid points of view.

Partisanship is what it is, but the {censored}ing thread title is "Do Muslims work?". It's intentionally inflammatory, and it's incredibly insulting when it comes from someone who enjoys the GOOD LUCK to have been born in the richest country in the world. Some of you guys need to get the {censored} over yourselves--the only reason your arrogant asses are driving a Ford and living in a nice, vinyl sided tract home, instead of a mud hut, is geography.

If you'd like to know the answer to whether or not Muslims work it's an emphatic yes, poignantly illustrated

People are people. Some of them are cool, some of them are assholes. All over the world.

There are a whole lot of other places that are poor, but you don't see them (most at least, lol) conducting suicide bombings, openly praying for the complete distruction of Isreal & America, burning the flags of these two nations, etc...

It's not about wealth (oh, & by the way, I drive a Lexus GS430 & live in a brick/stone house, thank you very much), it's about mindset. A good number of Muslims participate in the above actions regularly.

• Members
Originally posted by KeysBear

Interesting thread since it touches on an a much larger problem with both Harmony Central and the entertainment industry. Musicans, actors, comedians, newscasters, sports figures, and politicians in so many cases have big egos. Many are very skilled at charming people and can awe large audiences with their talents. That charm does not necessarily tranlate into intelligence or the ability to wrap their minds around intricate concepts. So much of today's politics focuses on a handful of pet issues that require little more than misplaced passion to divide people into opposing camps.

Sorry to say it but a lot of people at H.C. are just poorly educated entertainers who would do well to sit down and get to know themselves for a couple of months before sharing their ideas in public. Even the more educated often suffer from political groupthink. They just chant the party line no matter which side they support.

The lack of individualism here and across America is pathetic. You can't make intelligent decisions about who leads your country based solely upon the pros and cons of abortion, welfare, immigration, the environment, gay and minority rights, war, or your limited concept of what it takes to run this gigantic economy we enjoy. There are good people serving in both major political parties but for quite some time now the hate mongers and those people wanting to divide the country to promote their own agendas have been getting all of the attention.

The basic knowledge of civics and what it takes to maintain healthy communities is lost to this generation. The history of America and what it takes to live free from tyranny is also lost. If you see a country without a middle class it will never live free. All people need jobs, homes, security, and hope for a better life. Enable the Muslims to have those essentials and they will live in peace.

Just my fifty cents. Now go back to thinking you understand Muslim/minority/religious/working class pain and frustration.

...(violins swell)...

• Members

"Sorry to say it but a lot of people at H.C. are just poorly educated entertainers who would do well to sit down and get to know themselves for a couple of months before sharing their ideas in public. "

Maybe thats why so many in the entertainment business are so far to the Left.

Because it's popular to be a liberail if your an entertainer.No thinking involved.

• Members

Originally posted by poorboy

Maybe thats why so many in the entertainment business are so far to the Left.

Because it's popular to be a liberail if your an entertainer.No thinking involved.

I've tried in recent years to not dismiss the left simply because I see them as naive people being led to slaughter by agenda driven monsters. It is better to incorporate their passions into a workable governing system that also protects the environment in a realistic way or whatever flavor of the month they are willing to protest nude to save.

The same goes for the right. I have unfortunately sat in local Republican clubs where Bubba still wants to keep the "darkies" in fear and the gays in hiding. Many conservatives still have a long way to go toward social enlightment. Many liberals have a long way to go to understand economic realities and the protection of individual freedoms.

Archived