Do Muslims work?

B-Bottom

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by hawkhuff

Who the hell are you to tell me what I am thinking? I don't hate them all but most, if not terrorists, are facilitators. You want to wear those rosy glasses be my guest.

News flash.

A moslem cleric just called for the execution of the Pope. Heard it on the news.

Yep, I am the hateful one.

Christian fundamentalist leaders have called for the execution of the leaders of foreign governments before...:bor:

Nothing special.

• Members

Every single article I've read has stated the context and source of the quote...what have you been reading...

He was quoting Manuel II Paleologus, a Byzantine Emperor. It was a line from a Byzantine Dialogue of the 15th century, and he was doing so to illustrate that religious tensions are not a new thing...

yeah, what you just said was ostensibly

everything I've found.

its all in the delivery - I havent seen the pope's actual words once!

• Members

Originally posted by hawkhuff

True, but we don't cut their heads off.

Most of the rest of the world, has moved into the 21st century.

Naa, we didn't cut heads off. We were into torture more than outright killing. Who can forget some of the great games we used to have like dunk the wench until she confesses she's a witch, then kill her for being a witch (that or kill her anyway since she's probably a witch anyway).

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

If the posts in this thread are a problem, I want every anti-American post on this entire website censured.

We get hated on and mocked 50 times a day here because of feelings people have towards one American man.

I know, I know, boo hoo, but there isn't a difference, and I don't hate Muslims because they're Muslims, I hate them because they're assholes hell bent on my destruction. I'm allowed to hate somebody for that.

C7

100% SPOT ON!!!!

- georgestrings

• Members

Originally posted by JoeBlast

Ya know what the BEST part of all of this pope controversy is?

Who here knows what the pope was trying to convey?? Has anyone seen the context? I've been unable to find it.

People tend to flip out about stupid {censored} when their premise is a woefully incomplete picture.

Here are a couple links to editorials that give a good idea of the context and add some opinion for your consideration...

Unreasonable Response - Thomas Madden

Keep On It, B16 - Jennifer Morse

• Members

As far as context goes, I believe the quote was used in a theological lecture about the concept of holy war.
That said, I can understand muslims being offended by it, especially if it was presented out of context.
Just imagine the uproar it would cause if the pope quoted emperor Constantines views on jews for example.

In other news:

Palestininian prime minister Haniyah (member of Hamas) has condemned the attacks on churches and announced added security by Palestininian police officers for all christian buildings.

Near Jenin, warriors of the Islamic Jihad have been guarding the Burqin church, one of the oldest and holiest churches in christianity.

• Members

Originally posted by King Kashue

Every single article I've read has stated the context and source of the quote...what have you been reading...

He was quoting Manuel II Paleologus, a Byzantine Emperor. It was a line from a Byzantine Dialogue of the 15th century, and he was doing so to illustrate that religious tensions are not a new thing...

I think he was referring to WHY the Pope was quoting Manuel II Paleologus, not that he quoted him. What was his point, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by JoeBlast

thanks Fran.

IMO the pope probably would have been better off if he edited just a little more selectively.

I didn't see anything at all wrong with what he said. He never should of apologized. The people who shot that nun or the clerics preaching death to the Pope certainly aren't practicing any of that religion of peace that is always being crammed down our throats. Those people need to grow the F up.

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom

you know you'd think with all the effigies they make they would be able to construct something that doesn't look like a pre schooler made. They actually had to write that it was the pope at the bottom so you know what the thing is.

Gawd I'm glad I finished my coffee before reading that... It'd of been all over the keyboard! :D

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom

I didn't see anything at all wrong with what he said. He never should of apologized. The people who shot that nun or the clerics preaching death to the Pope certainly aren't practicing any of that religion of peace that is always being crammed down our throats. Those people need to grow the F up.

fixed, now that I did my required reading :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ranjaman

As far as context goes, I believe the quote was used in a theological lecture about the concept of holy war.

That said, I can understand muslims being offended by it, especially if it was presented out of context.

Just imagine the uproar it would cause if the pope quoted emperor Constantines views on jews for example.

The pope resurrected Manuel II in order to make a point. He noted that the learned Manuel was well aware that the Koran states that

• Members

Originally posted by ranjaman

The proper approach to solving a problem starts with defining the problem, extremist islamism is a symptom, not the source.

I agree that fighting symptoms can be necessary, but it's not a solution.

Ok, lets fight organised religion. Seems to me that is the problem. Anyone care to disagree?

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Naa, we didn't cut heads off. We were into torture more than outright killing. Who can forget some of the great games we used to have like dunk the wench until she confesses she's a witch, then kill her for being a witch (that or kill her anyway since she's probably a witch anyway).

That was then this is now.

And sure, that justifies EVERYTHINg the MUBLIMS do.

• Members
Originally posted by King Kashue

If you're so bored when you come here and troll, why do you continue to return?

Seems to me you're the troll, look at your photo. nice.

Weren't you the one who said you spend too much time here? Instead of working? You must be an extreme leftie.

Compared to you I gues anyone would seem to be a troll.

But still, that photo.....

:bor: :bor: :bor:

Archived