Do Muslims work?

B-Bottom

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom
What I don't get is the fact that they need to be told to remain calm. if not they will shoot a nun or burn something down. I can't get my head around that. It sounds like we're dealing with children..... Murderous children. I just don't see a logical way of dealing with people like this
Originally posted by RockStarBassist
+2. Like there needs to be instructions for these people to follow that you can't murder someone in no way even related to the person you're mad at, just because you feel like it??

And WE'RE the "barbarians" here?

Right.

:rolleyes:

If you think back a few years, people were asked not to respond with violence after the OJ verdict, and then there was the small matter of the LA riots after the verdict regarding the Rodney King beating. Seceral calls for calm before and after that little situation. And just a little before that after Martin Luther King Kr. was assassinated, hell James Brown even televised a concert to try and prevent rioting. Just some context to keep in mind.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by hawkhuff

You must be an extreme leftie.

Yep...I voted for Dubya in 2000 and Alan Keyes in 2004...

I have to have Stanley Steamer clean my carpets twice a month my heart bleeds so much...

And you still didn't answer the question...If it's so boring here, why do you keep coming back?

• Members
Originally posted by King Kashue

Yep...I voted for Dubya in 2000 and Alan Keyes in 2004...

I have to have Stanley Steamer clean my carpets twice a month my heart bleeds so much...

And you still didn't answer the question...If it's so boring here, why do you keep coming back?

Many, say most of the posts are either interesting but mostly entertaining.

Yours have never been incuded in the latter, there, stanley.

You do spew a lot of aberrant steam there dudette. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by dubwolf

If you think back a few years, people were asked not to respond with violence after the OJ verdict, and then there was the small matter of the LA riots after the verdict regarding the Rodney King beating. Seceral calls for calm before and after that little situation. And just a little before that after Martin Luther King Kr. was assassinated, hell James Brown even televised a concert to try and prevent rioting. Just some context to keep in mind.

That's fine, but again mine and BB's point both, is that you shouldn't NEED instruction, if you're human, to NOT randomly kill people because someone else (who you're not killing) made you mad.

• Members

Originally posted by dubwolf

The people who were rioting in those situations were animals, the same as the people in the middle east. I mean the people who were rioting in LA were burning down their own neighborhoods for Christ's sake. A rational person does not do that. What it boils down to is education, whether you have one or not. The people you saw carrying TV's through store windows or pushing over cars in LA, screaming on TV at the Super dome for help, or burning flags in the Middle East have one. These people are, for the most part, large children.

• Members

The people who were rioting in those situations were animals, the same as the people in the middle east. I mean the people who were rioting in LA were burning down their own neighborhoods for Christ's sake. A rational person does not do that. What it boils down to is education, whether you have one or not. The people you saw carrying TV's through store windows or pushing over cars in LA, screaming on TV at the Super dome for help, or burning flags in the Middle East have one. These people are, for the most part, large children.

Wait...are they animals or large children? I'm confused...

...because I don't think they're either-- I think they're human beings and grown adults. And because I haven't handily dehumanized them like you have, it makes me wonder: what kind of conditions could drive a grown man to such deep despair and anger that they would burn their own neighborhood? But I guess that makes me a bad person, and if I wasn't such a bleeding heart evil-doer, I'd just recognize "them" (and all the people like "them") as subhuman and move on...

...and by the way--just what problem do you have with the people at the Superdome who were crying out to TV cameras for help? What would you have done if you were stuck in that situation with no transportation, no way to get out, and had expected to be rescued within hours, suddenly to find yourself in those horrible conditions day after day?

The only connection I see between the people stuck in New Orleans and the people rioting in LA is the color of their skin. I hope you see something different, because if not, you're tipping your hand to some seriously {censored}ed up viewpoints.

• Members

Mob violence, mob mentality, etc. in general isn't rational. But a rational person can do irrational things; and that is something that can be seen in all races and religions, not just some of the ones that have been picked out here.

But again, this is a part of humanity. If you're going to argue that any human who takes part of that is an animal (which is true of course, humans are animals), then you have to accept that you are part of that group too. The idea that you can look at some OTHER group (i.e. Muslims, blacks, etc.) and say "oh, those guys are just animals") but not acknowledge that you have the same capacity for it, is false.

• Members
Originally posted by Zadillo

The idea that you can look at some OTHER group (i.e. Muslims, blacks, etc.) and say "oh, those guys are just animals") but not acknowledge that you have the same capacity for it, is false.

That is where you are wrong. Had I been told to get out of my home in advance because a hurricane was heading my way....I would have gotten out. And if I was pissed about a court decision I certainly wouldn't burn down my neighborhood. I mean I thought the OJ decision was BS, but I didn't need to steal a TV or torch a car to show my disdain.
The people who do these sort of things are uneducated and stupid. I don't see how this can be argued

:confused:

• Members

They are both

You don't think that hordes of people who are angry that they didn't get their way or stand around begging for help (even though they decided not to heed warnings to leave) aren't acting like children? Rational adults do not act this way.

I don't care if you have a car or not. If you're told to get the F out....you get the F out. And if you don't....don't cry for help. These are grown men and woman who just by their public display have never had to be self-reliant and obviously lack even basic survival instincts.

Actually I didn't see it as a race thing at all. And I didn't make one statement that would leave one to that conclusion.

To get back on this topic, I'm not sure how many others worked for hours upon end in the light and dark, when the power was off and on, in churches and public centers, to try and help these people... If so, please let me know- otherwise, you're just another sheep who saw only what was presented on TV...

I do not have anymore pity for those people. I spent every other day for about a month helping out here in town, for the swarm of people who had nowhere else to go. My town is not big- 35Kish, and that's counting prisoners, in a big prison town. We don't have the supplies or resources to take care of an extra 5-10,000 people. Especially after every gas station and supermarket had been picked clean by the people stuck or traveling on I-45 evacuating Houston to get get further north. But when I'm sitting there, getting off of my pretty comfy job and take off my tie and slacks and put on my grub clothes and help serve food and clean up people's piss and vomit, and have people look me square in the eye, WITH an attitude, and ask "Macaroni AGAIN?" and tell me I'm mopping wrong?

{censored} that and {censored} those people. And they weren't all black either, for those of you about to go there... Most, yes. All? No. About 3/4 to 1/4. And it was the elderly white women telling me I was mopping wrong, even though of course they didn't want to get off their ass and do it...

BB is right on with this one- people who never have had to and don't know how to take care of themselves and rely on a local or city gov't. to meet their needs.

Sorry, but that don't fly...

EDIT- plus, it's not like we NEEDED the 20% increase in crime in the Houston area since Sept. of 2005, but, I guess we'll take it anyways... And yes- that was apportioned to "evacuees/leeches", whatever you want to call them. Ask even Kinky. He caught a little heat few weeks ago when he was discussing this.

• Members

while i have no illusions that muslims don't work (of course they do) i do wonder why there is not an active islamic element decrying the vociferous barbarism that is endorsed by certain proponents of the religion. the lawlessness and sociopathy that certain very visible elements calling themselves representatives of Islam and Allah never seems to be decried by any other prominent muslims.

i wonder if it is because these quiet, reasonable muslims feel that such ridiculousness doesn't need to be decried, being so obviously loony as to be worthy only of dismissal.

i hope this is the case, at least.

• Members

Originally posted by john turner

while i have no illusions that muslims don't work (of course they do) i do wonder why there is not an active islamic element decrying the vociferous barbarism that is endorsed by certain proponents of the religion. the lawlessness and sociopathy that certain very visible elements calling themselves representatives of Islam and Allah never seems to be decried by any other prominent muslims.

i wonder if it is because these quiet, reasonable muslims feel that such ridiculousness doesn't need to be decried, being so obviously loony as to be worthy only of dismissal.

i hope this is the case, at least.

Maybe it's because alot of them are afraid to speak out, lest they get firebombed or beheaded.

If that's the case, then the world NEEDS to step in and kill the extremists.

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Maybe it's because alot of them are afraid to speak out, lest they get firebombed or beheaded.

If that's the case, then the world NEEDS to step in and kill the extremists.

C7

well, at least step in and police the extremists. those that are not responsible for killing someone else hardly deserve to die. those that are, well, that's another story.

• Members

well, at least step in and police the extremists. those that are not responsible for killing someone else hardly deserve to die. those that are, well, that's another story.

That depends on what you consider "responsible" I guess. Does that stop at the guy with the gun, or does it extend to the people in the background screming "Kill, Kill, Kill!!!" and encouraging/orchestrating the violence?

• Members

Originally posted by Jugghaid

That depends on what you consider "responsible" I guess. Does that stop at the guy with the gun, or does it extend to the people in the background screming "Kill, Kill, Kill!!!" and encouraging/orchestrating the violence?

by giving the mob limited responsibility, you limit the repsonsibility of the one pulling the trigger. shear the sheep, skin the wolf.

• Members

by giving the mob limited responsibility, you limit the repsonsibility of the one pulling the trigger. shear the sheep, skin the wolf.

I disagree. I think you should go after the moron with the gun, the guy who gave it to him, the guy who told him who to shoot, and everyone who helped him accomplish it, including those that cheered him on.

That's what would happen in a court of law, and I see no difference here.

• Members

Originally posted by Jugghaid

I disagree. I think you should go after the moron with the gun, the guy who gave it to him, the guy who told him who to shoot, and everyone who helped him accomplish it, including those that cheered him on.

That's what would happen in a court of law, and I see no difference here.

I don't know how easy a time you'd have pinning some of that list of people as accomplices, to be honest. They could try nailing the guy that gave the murderer the gun and maybe the guy that said to shoot (they might have a good possibility here depending on what they can get on the guy) but the mob? Doubtful.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I don't know how easy a time you'd have pinning some of that list of people as accomplices, to be honest. They could try nailing the guy that gave the murderer the gun and maybe the guy that said to shoot (they might have a good possibility here depending on what they can get on the guy) but the mob? Doubtful.

Depraved indifference my friend. It's been done many many times.

• Members

i can tell someone to shoot someone else all i want but ultimately it is their choice to murder. guilt lies only with intent, and with the moral failing of following through with that intent.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
:D

That was John Gotti's story too. Didn't work ou too well for him. :D

Archived