Waterboarding

Thunderbroom

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By opening up the way for the members of Bush's administration to be questioned regarding things they did in connection with these activities Obama placed a bug red target over every member of his administration. Without protection form the top, the double dealing and people covering their butt will guarantee that nothing effective is accomplished during times of trouble.

Yet another Obama photo opportunity run amok.

• Members

Do you REALLY think that applies when dealing with radical Islamics??? Really???

- georgestrings

I agree, political Islam was founded because radical Islamic leaders decided 'the West' (for lack of a more specific term) was moving away from God. Do you really think that view has changed (for a minority of Islamic followers)?

• Members
By opening up the way for the members of Bush's administration to be questioned regarding things they did in connection with these activities Obama placed a bug red target over every member of his administration. Without protection form the top, the double dealing and people covering their butt will guarantee that nothing effective is accomplished during times of trouble.

Yet another Obama photo opportunity run amok.

Not if he does a Hugo Chavez and becomes a messiah in perpetuity.

I bet that's what they were talking about at the conference. :idea:

• Members
I agree, political Islam was founded because radical Islamic leaders decided 'the West' (for lack of a more specific term) was moving away from God. Do you really think that view has changed (for a minority of Islamic followers)?

The word you were searching for is infidel. We are the infidels and we must be wiped out.

Silence! I kill you!!

But we should talk nice because we have the moral high ground. :facepalm::rolleyes:

• Members

Set the bar higher so the world looks up and says, "Hey, that's a good idea - I'd like to be treated that way. Why doesn't my country do that?".

So what happens next? Ask the dictators nicely to stop oppressing and torturing them?

• Moderators

The specifics. He intimated he requested the CIA release the specifics of all the results so we get outcomes. The rest of the information.

He didn't "intimate." He "formally asks that they declassify" them. Here's the youtube-

HOSqVNtLHMo

• Members

K?

Dude, you just called yourself old! :eek:

archaic

modif.

antiquated, old, obsolete; see old 3, old-fashioned. See syn. study atold.

Webster's New World Roget's A-Z Thesaurus Copyright

• Members
I couldn't disagree more. The moral high ground is a very important thing to hold, tactically-speaking. Not to mention that some things are nearly universal in their repugnance to the average human.
People who torture for political ends deserve criminal prosecution and swift execution of justice.

OTOH, you can lower yourself to the same standards as the governments of Iraq and Myanmar. Your call. In the end you are judged by the company you keep.

:confused:
You think this "torture" was done for "political ends" ?? :facepalm:

(It's being USED for political ends NOW, but....)

• Members
:confused:
You think this "torture" was done for "political ends" ??
:facepalm:

(It's being USED for political ends NOW, but....)

Sure, evilBush only wanted to stop terrorists to make himself look better! BASTAGE! :mad:

• Members

Do you think your brethren in the intel community should be prosecuted? Treated the same or worse than the terrorists we captured? They may happen if the leftist a functional idiots in Congress have their way.

I honestly don't know. I have no doubt the operators were under the impression that the rules had 'changed' somehow, and previously proscribed methods were now permissible.

Unless I'm completely missing the boat, senior Bush administration officials from Cheney on down gave both tacit and implicit guidance that torture, specifically waterboarding, was an approved technique.

On one hand, I can't fault the operators. If they had to second-guess every policy change, they'd never accomplish anything. No one wants to operate in a policy vacuum, or under unclear rules of engagement.

On the other hand, 'I was just following orders' doesn't fly. We proved that at N

• Members

This one?

I honestly don't know. I have no doubt the operators were under the impression that the rules had 'changed' somehow, and previously proscribed methods were now permissible.

Unless I'm completely missing the boat, senior Bush administration officials from Cheney on down gave both tacit and implicit guidance that torture, specifically waterboarding, was an approved technique.

On one hand, I can't fault the operators. If they had to second-guess every policy change, they'd never accomplish anything. No one wants to operate in a policy vacuum, or under unclear rules of engagement.

On the other hand, 'I was just following orders' doesn't fly. We proved that at N

• Members

I agree with Thumper and philtygeezer--good solid posts. I'd be curious to know if any of those supporting this type of "interrogation" have ever done time in the military. I did my time at 150 feet and 4 knots...

...and was always proud that the US didn't use these harsh (seems sort of an understatement) techniques.

• Members
By your reply, I'm gathering you imply that we only used the
humane
torture technique and nothing like what they did...
:rolleyes:

Torture is torture. We executed a man, killed him, for torturing. Semantics be damned, it's not a matter of if it was a kindler or gentler torture.

We've just got a government of hypocrites.

...the Libbie pablum remains no less ridiculous...3 terrorists were waterboarded...the info received saved American lives...O'Bambi doesn't want to release the obtained info, does he?...he's nothing but a tool for the ultra Left that runs the Dimmie party...

• Members
We stopped following the rules against the Japanese when we found our beheaded soldiers with their hacked off genitalia stuffed in the their mouths.

As for terrorist, they don't represent any country, they don't distiguish between their enemies or the innocents and they don't wear uniforms. They should not be afforded "Geneva Convention" rights.

...they have no entitlement to Geneva Conventions protections whatsoever, but silly little Libbies want to do nothing more than give them a slap on the wrist...oh no, wait a minute, forgot, that's torture too...

• Members

I agree with Thumper and philtygeezer--good solid posts. I'd be curious to know if any of those supporting this type of "interrogation" have ever done time in the military. I did my time at 150 feet and 4 knots...

...and was always proud that the US didn't use these harsh (seems sort of an understatement) techniques.

I've served...

- georgestrings(former EM2, USN)

• Members
K? "Archaic" as in "obsolete?" No problem if #2 definition is what you meant. I've not seen it used that way in 40+ years, but I learn something new everyday.
:)

If you translate that literally I guess. I maybe should have like put in like some newer like words like to get my like meaning across........whatever and everything. How's that? :D

I have seen it used in this manner many times. I see it in historical texts, writings, crime and war stories.

C'mon, it wouldn't be new if you saw it 40+ years ago. So you too fall into Lug's archaic category. :wave:

ar?cha?ic? ?/?r?ke??k/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-key-ik] Show IPA

• Members

This one?

Yes, that one. The tacit approval was based on a treaty signed by Slick Willy and approved by congress. The writing leaves wide open the definition of torture and no, this tacit approval didn't take place in a vacuum. DC is anything but a vacuum so the tacit approval was not done only by that evil Bush and his bloodthirsty band of hellions.

You mention the Center for Army Lessons Learned but were any of them prosecuted and did any of them do time as a high ranking member of a previous administration or congress? One isn't the same as the other and Nobama and Soros intends to separate them.

That said, there must be many in the federal ranks and military too that agree that what was done, first, was not torture and two, it did obtain some good usable information about other attacks. IOW, agree with what was done at the time. There were also members of congress from reps and from your party who knew of such measures and chose, for whatever reason, not to disagree.

Even POTUS security dude Blair said they were successful in an email that was made public.

Archived