Waterboarding

Thunderbroom

• Members

I'm suggesting that the media showed what it wanted to show and that the whole story is rarely accurately represented. Again, the number for positive vs negative stories about McCain and Obama is fairly telling.

The Myth of Pro-Obama Media Bias

Little evidence for self-proclaimed

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Out of curiosity. Say you've got someone like KSM in custody and he's got info that could save thousands of lives (which apparently he did - and they got out of him,) how do you propose getting that info out of him?

• Members

Out of curiosity. Say you've got someone like KSM in custody and he's got info that could save thousands of lives (which apparently he did - and they got out of him,) how do you propose getting that info out of him?

A Lug MP3.

• Members

From the same site as the article:

MICHELLE OBAMA: SOME NEWS IS SO BIG IT NEEDS IT' OWN PAGE

"Michelle Obama Tells Kids Bo Is A "Crazy" Dog"

"Michelle Obama: I Sneak Out To Restaurants"

"Obamas, Bill Clinton Plant Trees With Students At Park (SLIDESHOW)"

"Michelle Obama Brings Back The Bow At Tree-Planting (POLL, PHOTOS)"

"Michelle Obama's Top 10 Coats: A Winter Retrospective (SLIDESHOW)"

"Current forecasts for Michelle Obama

Time Magazine - Which Month (Mar - Jul, 2009) Will Michelle Obama first appear on the Cover?

Current forecast: After July 2009 or Never (32% chance)

Will we learn that the Obama girls have made something special for Michelle on Mothers Day?

Current forecast: 75% chance

Will Michelle Obama get pregnant in 2009?

Current forecast: 13% chance

When will Obama's Mother-in-law move out of the White House?"

"Michelle Obama Essay On The Spirit Of Giving: "We Need...To Lift Up Our Fellow Americans""

"Michelle Obama Gardens With Kids Again, Plants Seedlings"

"Michelle's Way: Lessons In Buddhism From The First Lady"

• Members

Some people will argue the sky is not really blue.

...waits for scientific explanation about the refraction index of light causing a "blue" appearance but how this is a visual deception :D

• Members

So basically, "Rush says that Obama got better coverage. I say, 'No he didn't!'. And besides, when he did, it's because he's better looking, younger and a better speaker than McCain."

Ok, gotcha.
:p

Or "Hiding the obvious with analysis" :D

• Members

Your quote means nothing. How does Carl Rove know that conversation never happened? Was he with Bush 100% of the time? Were Rove and Wolff in the Oval Office 100% of the time? Doubt it.

I tend to believe Rove and the Bush staffers on this one.

No one would willingly submit themselves to a one on one meeting with Biden.

• Moderators
Dude, if you don't think Biden is way more qualified that Palin... I'm sorry.

What's he run? What budget has he had to stay within? How many people work for him? How many people has he ever had underneath his leadership? Never a governor and never a mayor. The answer is much less necessary experience than any governor of Alaska.

• Members

What's he run? What budget has he had to stay within? How many people work for him? How many people has he ever had underneath his leadership? Never a governor and never a mayor. The answer is much less necessary experience than any governor of Alaska.

In the big picture, the best example of media bias was the constant harping on how important it was for the vicepresidential candidate to be experienced (where the repubs could be portrayed as weak vs the dems) and how unimportant it was for the actual presidential candidates. (where there was just no way to portray the Dems as strong on that catagory) This just defied reason. Media bias isn't just about what's covered, it's often more about what isn't. And I'll state again that this isn't Obama's fault in the least. Our media should be horsewhipped, however. :D

• Moderators
....Media bias isn't just about what's covered, it's often more about what isn't. And I'll state again that this isn't Obama's fault in the least. Our media should be horsewhipped, however.
:D

Yes, they should. I'd also suggest that anyone who thinks that Obama is/was to blame for the great coverage is a complete dope.

• Members

Media bias isn't just about what's covered, it's often more about what isn't. And I'll state again that this isn't Obama's fault in the least. Our media should be horsewhipped, however.
:D

IMO, I think that the print media tends to be more left leaning and national television media (Fox/CNN) tends to be more right leaning. My mom is a faithful watch of Fox News and she is constantly telling me that I'm getting my news from the wrong sources (HCBF News Network?). She's pretty conservative. :facepalm:

Archived