Waterboarding

Thunderbroom

• Moderators
The Times and dozens of other outlets wrote that the CIA also waterboarded senior Al Qaeda member Abu Zubaydah 83 times, but Zubayda himself, a close associate of Usama bin Laden, told the Red Cross he was waterboarded no more than 10 times.

The confusion stems from language in the Justice Department legal memos that President Obama released on April 16. They contain the numbers, but they fail to explain exactly what they represent.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not downplaying anything. I'd rather take the word of one who was actually interviewed by the Red Cross. I've already posted it once.

And I read the report and I cannot find where he says that he was only waterboarded 10 times?

Edit: nevermind, I found where he says he was suffocated between 1 to 3 times during 5 sessions.

• Moderators
And I read the report and I cannot find where he says that he was only waterboarded 10 times?

Edit: nevermind, I found where he says he was suffocated between 1 to 3 times during 5 sessions.

I see your edit, but I thought I would add KSM in here. At the bottom of page 35 he says "he was subjected to waterboarding on 5 occasions." I'm not really fond of some of the "enhanced interrogation" techniques they were subjected to.

• Members

I see your edit, but I thought I would add KSM in here. At the bottom of page 35 he says "he was subjected to waterboarding on 5 occasions." I'm not really fond of some of the "enhanced interrogation" techniques they were subjected to.

He also appears to have gotten the worst of it. He was the one who said that During those 5 sessions that they continued on for about an hour, which if each waterboarding lasted 2 minutes (as he suggests), with breaks in between, could mean just a few, or it could mean as many as 30 waterboardings depending on how long the breaks were. He is unclear and the report is unclear.

I personally don't mind the mental stuff but the physical stuff, especially considering Zubeydah was still recovering from gun shot wounds, is retarded. I read some of the memo's on what they would be doing and a lot of it doesn't jive with what the prisoners say happened.

Dan

• Moderators
I personally don't mind the mental stuff but the physical stuff......

I don't mind the music and stuff like that. Why would we keep people around naked and keep them in positions of urinating and pooping all over themselves? That seems beneath us.

• Members

I don't mind the music and stuff like that. Why would we keep people around naked and keep them in positions of urinating and pooping all over themselves? That seems beneath us.

Yeah, they basically did that to humiliate them, especially by having women in the interrogations while they were naked. It shouldn't be club med but it shouldn't be like that.

Archived