Waterboarding

Thunderbroom

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting that media has been more favorable to Bush than Obama?

Depends what media you're talking about.

The glamorous media like Rolling Stone and People? For sure. Obama is way more charasmatic than Bush and the fact that he's the first Black President is a phenomenon in and of itself.

The political media, regardless of lean? Not at all. If anything, Obama has taken more heat in his first few months than Bush did. Time will tell if it keeps up or wanes.

Edit... Got this backwards. Glam media has been more favorable to Obama for sure. In the first few months, the other than glam media was more favorable to Bush than Obama.

• Moderators
Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting that media has been more favorable to Bush than Obama?

I wouldn't bother. A statement claiming Palin got anywhere near a fair shake, except when she did something stupid is too outrageous to even bother addressing.

• Members

I wouldn't bother. A statement claiming Palin got anywhere near a fair shake, except when she did something stupid is too outrageous to even bother addressing.

What would you consider getting a fair shake? Getting treated as Biden was treated? I'm sorry, but that just shouldn't have been the case. Biden is far more qualified for the job of Vice President than Palin probably ever will be.

She was treated as she should have been... That's what I consider getting a fair shake.

• Members

I think I have to agree.

• Moderators

What would you consider getting a fair shake? Getting treated as Biden was treated? I'm sorry, but that just shouldn't have been the case. Biden is far more qualified for the job of Vice President than Palin probably ever will be.

• Members

You mean the far left and left wing media, as well as the image they wanted to communicate to the little people.

The accusations were thrown out there and the public rejected them. I think it's as simple as that. Attempts by McCain and whoever to dig further and talk about more would have been fruitless. The made up their collective minds and the stories failed to gain traction.

• Members

Do you really want to get into a Biden v Palin quote war?

You can't, because that damn liberal media suppresses any quotes that make Biden look bad.

Oh, wait, Thud already dispoved that.

Carry on.

• Members

How about a plagiarism expose'? Gun control? Fact checks on their debate? You'd be amazed what you didn't hear from the media.

• Members
IMO, he wasn't ridiculed enough. The guy is a few steps above retard as far as Presidents go.

I think that one of his biggest mistakes was being quiet. He didn't talk about his victories and he allowed the Democrats to form him image. I wouldn't call him stupid but I would say that he lacked wisdom in a few areas.

• Members

Oh yeah....bush would have done him self a huge favor if he'd opened his mouth more. That always worked out well for him.
;)

He rarely talked about his accomplishments and he never fired back when the Dem's trashed him. Not sure if that's how he wanted to run things or he listened to advice that I would consider bad but ya, if he allowed more info to flow from his administration, I think that he would have been viewed very differently.

• Members

He rarely talked about his accomplishments and he never fired back when the Dem's trashed him. Not sure if that's how he wanted to run things or he listened to advice that I would consider bad but ya, if he allowed more info to flow from his administration, I think that he would have been viewed very differently.

He talked about "Mission Accomplished"!!! :poke:

• Members

Like talking?

My wife saw him speak a few years back. She was one of about 300 who saw him when he spoke at Cisco. The only face time he got on camera on all three local networks was when he was responding to a question and said something like "Uhmm, well, uhhh...". She didn't even remember hearing him do that but that's what the networks pulled out -- none of the vision casting or future of high tech, just some words that in no way represented the rest of what happened. BTW, there were 5 lesbians protesting outside, they got more coverage and face time than did Bush.

• Moderators

Your point was that Biden is leaps and bounds better than Palin. If you want to get in to a quote war, go right ahead. Not only will the "war" you think this is not prove that Biden is one ounce better than Palin, you'll also find the VP you support isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and embellishes quite frequently. Just one of many, besides the plagiarism issue he seems to have had, too.

"On April 6, 2009, Biden said:

• Members

Your point was that Biden is leaps and bounds better than Palin. If you want to get in to a quote war, go right ahead. Not only will the "war" you think this is not prove that Biden is one ounce better than Palin, you'll also find the VP you support isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and embellishes quite frequently. Just one of many, besides the plagiarism issue he seems to have had, too.

"On April 6, 2009, Biden said:

• Members

The accusations were thrown out there and the public rejected them. I think it's as simple as that. Attempts by McCain and whoever to dig further and talk about more would have been fruitless. The made up their collective minds and the stories failed to gain traction.

^^This. The digs were tried and the public went, "pffft, puh-leeeaze....". Then walked away.

• Members

My wife saw him speak a few years back. She was one of about 300 who saw him when he spoke at Cisco. The only face time he got on camera on all three local networks was when he was responding to a question and said something like "Uhmm, well, uhhh...". She didn't even remember hearing him do that but that's what the networks pulled out -- none of the vision casting or future of high tech, just some words that in no way represented the rest of what happened. BTW, there were 5 lesbians protesting outside, they got more coverage and face time than did Bush.

So your point is that Bush is astute on some topics, but the media only shows the bad stuff? :confused:

And the media did this successfully for 8 years? :confused:

If Bush was articulate, you'd figure someone would have caught that on camera during his 8 years in the White House. :idk:

This wasn't a case of Bush simply being a poor public speaker. People usually get better at that with more experience. Bush never did. In fact, he got worse.

• Members

So your point is that Bush is astute on some topics, but the media only shows the bad stuff?
:confused:

And the media did this successfully for 8 years?
:confused:

If Bush was articulate, you'd figure someone would have caught that on camera during his 8 years in the White House.
:idk:

I'm suggesting that the media showed what it wanted to show and that the whole story is rarely accurately represented. Again, the number for positive vs negative stories about McCain and Obama is fairly telling.

Archived