Waterboarding

Thunderbroom

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then while we're at it, we could simply eradicate all hostile populations. Far more thorough than making some pansy-assed attempt to waterboard info out of suspects.

I'm generally pretty leftist, but I figure if we're at war we should use whatever means necessary to gain information.
War is not about human rights

• Members

Then
while we're at it
, we could simply eradicate all hostile populations. Far more thorough than making some pansy-assed attempt to waterboard info out of suspects.

I think even the dumbest people can see the difference between genocide and torturing prisoners of war.

• Members

I was under the impression that we as a country EXECUTED a Japanese man for waterboarding US detainees during WW2.

Now maybe I'm off base here, but if we KILL other people for doing it to us, why is it okay if we do it?

Just asking.

• Members

Because 9/11.

It's only torture when others do it; when we do it, it's enhanced interrogation techniques.

And if you doubt that, remember 9/11.

I was under the impression that we as a country EXECUTED a Japanese man for waterboarding US detainees during WW2.

Now maybe I'm off base here, but if we KILL other people for doing it to us, why is it okay if we do it?

Just asking.

• Members

Just asking.

From the WIKI:

During World War II both Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, and the officers of the Gestapo,[64] the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture.[65] During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

• Members

During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth.
In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

By your reply, I'm gathering you imply that we only used the humane torture technique and nothing like what they did...:rolleyes:

Torture is torture. We executed a man, killed him, for torturing. Semantics be damned, it's not a matter of if it was a kindler or gentler torture.

We've just got a government of hypocrites.

• Members

I thought this was/is supposed to be a very effective means of obtaining information from people?!?

:confused:

Waterboarding used 266 times on 2 suspects

I heard about this 'report' on the radio today that this particular bit of information was received from a left wing blogger. PMSNBC then the NY Slimes ran with it so it must be fact if those three are reporting it.

Doesn't have to be true just if someone reports it on the interwebs. But then, if it's on the interwebs it MUST be true. ;)

• Members

I heard about this 'report' on the radio today that this particular bit of information was received from a left wing blogger. PMSNBC then the NY Slimes ran with it so it must be fact if those three are reporting it.

I also saw on multiple networks today that 60% of intel regarding Al Queda movements, organization, etc... was obtained through the use of "alternative" interrogation techniques. If I wasn't such a lazy bum today I'd hunt down the info.

Archived