Anyone have any experience with the Peavey TNT & TKO 15" combos?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

My first amp in the mid-80's was a TKO-65. It was very heavy for it's size. Sound was good, but not great. It was very, very loud for it's rated power level. Louder than most 100-120W combos I've played. Honestly.

• Members

There;s one in my school. It's loud, that's about it. It has a punch and bright button. I never use the bright button, but always leave the punch. Not really happy with the tone, not very clear and kind of muddy. But I do run a PJ with flatwounds.

• Members

Ive used a combo 300 (whiteface with black widow 15") for over 10 years now, have done over 100 gigs with it and still use it as my home practice amp. I use a combo 210 (same as 300 just with 2 10's instead of a 15") in the band studio and I use a TVX 410 onstage.

There is very little of the Peavey bass gear that I dont like.

ikestr

• Members

There;s one in my school. It's loud, that's about it. It has a punch and bright button. I never use the bright button, but always leave the punch. Not really happy with the tone, not very clear and kind of muddy. But I do run a PJ with flatwounds.

Even a P/J with rounds or an H/H bass with Elixirs would not be any different.

Trust me. :D

• Members

Disclaimer: We are now Genz-Benz powered.

For decades it was all Peavey for us - and they were just workhorse amps. My fav was the TNT130 - couldn't kill the sucker, only cost minimal $, and was "decent". No one ever complained about the sound, but: at 3AM this was a monster - twice lost it coming down stairs. Didn't really matter.

And BTW: it's just 130W- but blew away everything else claiming at least double the power.

Archived