Now Booking Bands & Acts for LI, NY

• Members

Looking To Book 1, 2 & 3 Piece Acts: LI, NY

I am the booking agent for a new place on the western south shore of Nassau County and am looking for 1, 2 & 3 piece acts and full bands of various types of music. We are not looking for haeavy doses of Stevie Ray, Clapton or hours upon endless hoours of blues and more blues..

Please don't waste ours or your time if you are not experienced and can't play. Paying $100 to $150 per man depending on act and experience and your drawing abilitities and I'm not talking about your art work (LOL)

Please be able to draw a few people. We do not charge a cover since it is a restaurant so being able to draw some folks will help your chances of STEADY work

Please contact me at 516-889-6895 during business hours ONLY! That means 9 to 5..Thanks Rich

• Members

We are not looking for haeavy doses of Stevie Ray, Clapton or hours upon endless hoours of blues and more blues..

Now that we know what you're NOT looking for, can you narrow it down to what you ARE? Original, cover, rock, metal, country, roots, R&B....?

Just sayin'.

• Members

Great, another restaurant gig. I can hear it now:

"What are you guys doing here at 7? You don't start till 8. You'll have to wait until those corner tables are cleared, then you can move them over here and set your stuff up there. You can plug your gear in where that beer cooler is plugged in. What's with all these speakers? You're not gonna be loud are you?"

:eek:

• Members

Great, another restaurant gig. I can hear it now:

"What are you guys doing here at 7? You don't start till 8. You'll have to wait until those corner tables are cleared, then you can move them over here and set your stuff up there. You can plug your gear in where that beer cooler is plugged in. What's with all these speakers? You're not gonna be loud are you?"

:eek:

Man, that is dead on.

• Members

Please be able to draw a few people. We do not charge a cover since it is a restaurant so being able to draw some folks will help your chances of STEADY work

No asshat, YOUR job is to draw the people, MY job is to entertain them and keep them there. :rolleyes:

• Members

"What are you doing with those speakers...we have our own Bose speakers...you can run a line to our house mixer...I bought this at Radio Shack...pretty nice-sounding, if I say so myself!"

"No...you don't need lights, either...we have stage lights..:::flicks a switch to reveal the majesty of four small home interior tract-lights with 25w colored party bulbs in each::: ...Check it out!"

"Drink prices for the band...umm...hold on let me check."

:::doesn't come back until the gig is over:::

"The boss took your drink tab off the top of your pay...here's the remainder....nice job, thanks, fellas...maybe turn it down a little more next time, cuz our regulars sitting at the bar were watching the Braves game and said they couldn't hear it."

• Members

Great, another restaurant gig. I can hear it now:"What are you guys doing here at 7?* You don't start till 8.* You'll have to wait until those corner tables are cleared, then you can move them over here and set your stuff up there.* You can plug your gear in where that beer cooler is plugged in.* What's with all these speakers?* You're not gonna be loud are you?":eek:

LMAO!!!!!!!!

So True! :thu:

• Members

No asshat,
YOUR
job is to draw the people,
MY
job is to entertain them and
keep
them there.
:rolleyes:

When did the change-over from "entertain my customers" to "provide my customers" happen??? And, if you want a band to fill your room for you, they would probably be less than 10 miles from the club, so why are you essentially advertising on a GLOBAL message board? Dumb {censored}er.

Oh, and everyone above me here is probably right with the stage/lights/drinks/pay BS routines, too. :wave:

• Members
When did the change-over from "entertain my customers" to "provide my customers" happen???

When the full time gigs died and it all became weekend work. More weekend bands=more bands willing to assume responsibility for the club's success just to get the gig.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

When did the change-over from "entertain my customers" to "provide my customers" happen??? And, if you want a band to fill your room for you, they would probably be less than 10 miles from the club, so why are you essentially advertising on a GLOBAL message board? Dumb {censored}er.

Oh, and everyone above me here is probably right with the stage/lights/drinks/pay BS routines, too.
:wave:

Another {censored}ing douchebag with a bad attitude...no wonder I don't post here any more...what a bunch of losers and by the way we are booked through December and most are getting $150 per man so {censored} you!!

• Members

I'm not saying $150 a man is bad, but you could probably find about 50 better places to find local bands than a message board geared towards musicians from all over the world. Am I going to fly to NY to play a $150 gig? No. People aren't really insulting you more they are making a mockery of the futility of your actions. Just go to myspace and dig around bands in your area. You'll find some who fit what you are looking for and no one will make fun of you..

and.... just to slightly add on the dogpile:

"Listen Alon (my name).... you draw a good crowd... you're nice to the staff.... you show up on time.. you're always respectful... Tell you what: I KNOW that the spaghetti with sauce is free for anyone performing but for YOU: You DO NOT have to pay $1 for a meatball. I mean that. I don't do it for anyone but you. Hell... you know what? You rang so well last week... if you promise not to tell anyone, you can have a chicken breast. Yup. Enjoy"

• Members

Another {censored}ing douchebag with a bad attitude...no wonder I don't post here any more...what a bunch of losers and by the way we are booked through December and most are getting $150 per man so {censored} you!!

Wow, I bet you get some quality music, at this place, with Mr. F-Bomb providing the talent.

Booked through December...big deal.

My band has bookings into December of 2009, and makes double per man what you offer, and we don't have to kowtow to slimy, wannabe "booking agents" like yourself, to get those gigs, either.

And this is in Alabama.

I reckon you yanks must be a bunch of {censored}ing cheapskates.

Archived