How Many Gigs So Far?

joshmac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

58 so far. Full band. A little less than last year but we stopped doing Thursday night or Sunday gigs in the summer. We're averaging about 7 shows per month. Two years ago it was 10-12 in the summer.

The good thing is we've done alot of weddings and privates this year. This year we're booked for 11 weddings. Helps to offset any cash lost by cutting back gigs.

• Members

My personal gig count for the year so far is 35 - and includes dates with 6 different bands (3 projects I'm a "full time" member of ... plus 1 or 2 sub gigs with 3 other groups that I work with when they need a sub). I've got another 10 firm dates on the books that will be played between now and the end of the year. I expect I'll likely add another handful on top of those before the year is over.

• Members

Only 14 nights. With next weekend's gig, it will be 16 nights on the 25th of this month. We do a lot of two-nighters, so if we were going by two-nighters as one gig, it would look even more puny at just 8 gigs total, with a 9th gig on the following weekend.

We haven't played as much this year as we did last year, but it's actually been more lucrative from January to August than it was the year before. I attribute that to our being a three-piece and playing better gigs (including our first street dance as a group) and playing more gigs during months that were more dead in the past. I'm happier though and less stressed out than I have been before. I'd rather play less gigs for more money than busting my ass for peanuts like I have done in previous times.

• Members

15-17 or thereabouts I'd guess; most with the primary band, 3-4 with various side-projects.

4 dates locked in for late September through late October with the primary band, working on a couple more to close out the rest of the year with them, and one late December gig with the secondary band at present.

As I'm not really looking to gig more than 2/month total, I'm about right no track.

• Members

Holy {censored} Potts 100 already eh, youve been busy

Yeah this was the first year in awhile that I began playing full time again. It's great. Sometimes I don't feel like playing and then remember what it was like to sit in an office 10 hours a day. It will end up being about 150-160 gigs and Im not sure if I can handle many more than that next year...we'll see.

• Members

It never occurred to me to count them. Or even keep track so I could count them later... My best guess: A bunch of them. I just play music; I have no interest in doing accounting.

You don't keep a calendar?

• Members

Around 130.

I play three regular gigs a week and pick up at least one more per week on the average.

Oh Yeah!! Good work!!! I play a regular Thursday- I'd like to add one more but I'm getting pretty tired man. I'm kind of looking forward to winter when it slows down.

Archived