How Many Gigs So Far?

joshmac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh Yeah!! Good work!!! I play a regular Thursday- I'd like to add one more but I'm getting pretty tired man. I'm kind of looking forward to winter when it slows down.

One nighters wear you down. House gigs are easy,, show up and play.

Our house gigs pay squat , but they are easy. then you have a hell week that pays good. fly out the 26th. play 5 one nighters in tampa fly home the 31st in the after noon , play a house show fri night, then do a street fair sat 11am til 2 pm, and another house show sat and sunday night.

• Members

One nighters wear you down. House gigs are easy,, show up and play.

Our house gigs pay squat , but they are easy. then you have a hell week that pays good. fly out the 26th. play 5 one nighters in tampa fly home the 31st in the after noon , play a house show fri night, then do a street fair sat 11am til 2 pm, and another house show sat and sunday night.

Wow that's a pretty grueling schedule..good job man!

• Members

Wow that's a pretty grueling schedule..good job man!

Yea its always feast or famon with us. We can go weeks without a good off property show ,, then things get crazy. We play 260 shows a year between the nacho gigs and the away games. Good geezer gig and we get to do some interesting things. It would not be a band for a guy who was a total mercinary.

• Members

I'm certain to be at the bottom or damn close to it. I'm only counting four to this point. We didn't play any until April which was at least partially my fault; because of my move into a new house in December I requested that we not book anything for January and perhaps February.

Anyone who's followed my occasional posts knows I prefer the relaxed schedule of around once a month but this group has even got me thinking about looking for something more. We had more gigs on the books but recently I discovered that the band had cancelled 3 or 4 without even letting me know!? Now that's a pretty thin booking schedule but what I think actually bothers me more is the lack of dedication for rehearsals; I'd hoped we could practice more often to tighten things up and work up new songs but it just doesn't happen. This group really isn't interested in advancing or being noticed.

The only gig I've done this month was a fill-in where I just played keys. It was a bit further away then I'd normally travel but it was nice to only have to haul and play one instrument and it paid much better than my normal band gig. I'd really like to do more of these! It was on a Thursday and according to my calendar my normal band should have been playing the following Saturday but that's when I found out they'd cancelled some gigs.

I recently changed my bandmix profile to reflect that I was looking but, of course, it seems now that I'm looking the offers have dried up! Haha!

• Members

33 so far, only a few more on the books as next week is our singer's last gig for the year as she goes on maternity leave. I have 5-6 gigs booked that we're going to sub out with another girl we know, but I'm not taking anything new unless we get a good New Years offer or other private holiday things.

• Members

The only gig I've done this month was a fill-in where I just played keys. It was a bit further away then I'd normally travel but it was nice to only have to haul and play one instrument and it paid much better than my normal band gig. I'd really like to do more of these! It was on a Thursday and according to my calendar my normal band should have been playing the following Saturday but that's when I found out they'd cancelled some gigs.

I played with my friend's band in 2006 for a Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday gig for chump change, more as a favor than anything else. It was out of town and I didn't have a day job at the time ("professional musician" i.e. poor and starving, living off of gigs). When Friday rolled around, I was still there, so he asked me if I'd be interested in playing keyboards that night for a band he played bass and sang harmony in. I figured what the hell. I didn't even sing harmony, I just played keys and sat on my ass all night, noodling along at appropriate moments, trading off with the steel guitarist and the lead guitarist on solos. At the end of the night, I got paid almost double what I made with my friend's group, and I was playing keys, playing guitar, singing harmony and lead in his band. Even some bass guitar on a few songs! Kind of funny sometimes how some gigs pay better the less you do in them. :)

I recently changed my bandmix profile to reflect that I was looking but, of course, it seems now that I'm looking the offers have dried up! Haha!

Yeah, doesn't it seem that's the way it goes too? When you're looking to fill the schedule, everyone is busy. When you are busy yourself, all of a sudden you get calls. Feast and Famine! Arrrghh! :lol:

• Members

I average 6 nights a month as a solo, and up to recently 4-5 nights a month with the band. But the band is going away so it won't be happening except for events. I'm trying to ease into solo gigging full time and go to part time or quit my day job altogether.

• Members

I average 6 nights a month as a solo, and up to recently 4-5 nights a month with the band. But the band is going away so it won't be happening except for events. I'm trying to ease into solo gigging full time and go to part time or quit my day job altogether.

Nice to see you back.:thu:

Archived