What are some ways to improve the "value" of your band?

roamingbard13

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys

View Post

Look brah. I gigged with sticks and now I got a killer rig. It's a 36 and it sounds {censored}ing killer. I bet I could smash you on bass in any style anyway. So come on with this bull{censored}. I play every day. I live and breathe music. So step off man.

Wade you are so full of it your last name must be Brown.facepalm.gif First of all you say the board is a 48 and now it has 36 channels. I don't believe carvin ever made those size boards ever. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if anyone has ever made a 36 channel mixer. Here is an idea, why don't you actually count the channels or post a picture of it and I will count them for you. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Counting channels on a board can be entertaining. I recently read the manual for the Behringer X2442USB wich says it's a 24 input board.. it's a 12 channel board with 4 stereo channels and 8 inserts or something like that.

Also, I have never seen a killer board, but I did once see a town decimated by killer tomatoes.

• Members

Counting channels on a board can be entertaining. I recently read the manual for the Behringer X2442USB wich says it's a 24 input board.. it's a 12 channel board with 4 stereo channels and 8 inserts or something like that.

Also, I have never seen a killer board, but I did once see a town decimated by killer tomatoes.

• Moderators

See!!!????!!!

I was spot on with my suggestion of comparing choad dimensions! That is going to be the only way to solve this. I smash ye, my board's bigger, Carvin never made that config, and you need more subs you loser, I smash ye back with mine bass skillage.

Holy crap guys. This is music, right?

• Moderators

There is this certain thing, a flexing of the manhood, that seems to happen in certain walks of life. I just spent time out of town hanging with guys that hunt and fish and vote very different from me. They're great guys and we kayaked and drank and joked... and they didn't feel the need to point out what a pansy I was for sitting a a computer all day. Or driving a Passat. Or making body surfing my sport of choice. I was happily surprised. It wasn't always so.

And it seemed, at one time, that musicians tended to be immune from this sort of manly one-upsmanship.

I propose a board wide New Years Resolution to leave the penile compensation social techniques at the door.

• Members

View Post

Look brah.... I bet I could smash you on bass in any style anyway. So come on with this bull{censored}. I play every day. I live and breathe music. So step off man.

All of you ... Lee, Guido, Potts ... you guys just don't understand that your dealing with the interweb'z #1 bad ass musician! He plays music every day. He lives and breathes music! rolleyes.gif

Time to pick up the pace and get with the program boys! Wade is winning what none of the rest of us even realized was a competition!!!! facepalm.gif

• Members

I'm staying out of the general discussion in this thread for the following reasons...

....whatever I would contribute at this point would be moot and lost in a morass of off topic banter!

... the perception from some is that by doing what we've done over the years to help grow the band is pointless, unsustainable, unnecessary or not really factors in a bands success or failure.

... I'll be called out as 'bragging' instead of sharing experiences.

And after reading 15 pages of this thread I see any of the above as possible.

Happy New Year thumb.gif

• Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by wheresgrant3

View Post

... the perception from some is that by doing what we've done over the years to help grow the band is pointless, unsustainable, unnecessary or not really factors in a bands success or failure.

^^^ That wouldn't be me! I'm frequently misunderstood on that topic. I hate comparing gear or light rigs or songlists as a means of chest puffing. Or if it gets distracting. If a band needs subs, or lights, or better singing to book more, so be it. Get some freaking subs for Christ's sake! smile.gif It's when the chest banging cock fights start... that's where it seems beyond silly. You'd think this was a Asian Car Boy Racer forum.

Your spoiler, pipes and trim kit are lame. You're a {censored}!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight

View Post

^^^ That wouldn't be me! I'm frequently misunderstood on that topic. I hate comparing gear or light rigs or songlists as a means of chest puffing. Or if it gets distracting. If a band needs subs, or lights, or better singing to book more, so be it. Get some freaking subs for Christ's sake! smile.gif It's when the chest banging cock fights start... that's where it seems beyond silly. You'd think this was a Asian Car Boy Racer forum.

Your spoiler, pipes and trim kit are lame. You're a {censored}!

LOL... I guess I was complaining and admiring at the same time how a topic concerning ways to improve the "value" of your band?has once again transformed itself into 10+ pages of posturing. LOL wink.gif

• Members

View Post

?? You're pretty much a role model, IMO- your attitude and your input has always been positive, constructive and supportive (to me, at least).

• Members

View Post

I'm staying out of the general discussion in this thread for the following reasons...

....whatever I would contribute at this point would be moot and lost in a morass of off topic banter!

And after reading 15 pages of this thread I see any of the above as possible.

Happy New Year thumb.gif

This forum often reminds me of the TV series "Kitchen Nightmares" where Gordon Ramsey gives makeovers to struggling restaurants. The interesting thing about that show is that even though the people obviously called the show looking for advice on how to improve their struggling businesses, they are invariably horribly offended when Ramsey tells them that their food sucks, their management styles are non-existant, their customer service is attrocious, their decor is outdated and they don't have the first clue on how to run a business.

It seems that every participant believes that they are going to be the first person that Ramsey says "your food is great! you're a great manager! The only problem is that your customers are obviously very stupid and don't appreciate your talents. All you need is our free decor makeover and the free advertising you'll get from being on our show, and you'll be good to go!"

It's often the same thing here. People don't really want to hear that they might be doing anything wrong or that there is any significant difference between bands who are more successful and those that are not. That all they really need to do is switch out a couple of classic rock tunes they really like playing for a couple of others they like just as much and they'll be good to go. And that all their problems stem from stupid patrons who don't appreciate REAL music and idiotic clubowners.

• Members

View Post

Look brah. I gigged with sticks and now I got a killer rig. It's a 36 and it sounds {censored}ing killer. I bet I could smash you on bass in any style anyway. So come on with this bull{censored}. I play every day. I live and breathe music. So step off man.

/thread

I mean clearly, the ONLY WAY, and the obvious solution for ALL of us to improve the value of our own bands is to individually petition the style-hopping, bass-smashing, music-breathing, daily-playing, bull{censored}-calling, channel-exaggerating brah-tastic Wade to join...

All else is obviously lesser.

facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

WWF Monday Night Bass Cage Match.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kmart

View Post

/thread

I mean clearly, the ONLY WAY, and the obvious solution for ALL of us to improve the value of our own bands is to individually petition the style-hopping, bass-smashing, music-breathing, daily-playing, bull{censored}-calling, channel-exaggerating brah-tastic Wade to join...

All else is obviously lesser.

facepalm.gif

this and open jams!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by modulusman

View Post

Wade you are so full of it your last name must be Brown.facepalm.gif First of all you say the board is a 48 and now it has 36 channels. I don't believe carvin ever made those size boards ever. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if anyone has ever made a 36 channel mixer. Here is an idea, why don't you actually count the channels or post a picture of it and I will count them for you. icon_lol.gif

Personally, I can't get the sound of scratchy pots out of my mind!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman

View Post

I think that "open jams" would only count if the player takes to stage uninvited and just plugs in... Actually waiting to be called up is sort of pussified when you really think about it.

I think I saw what you did there wink.gif

Archived