What are some ways to improve the "value" of your band?

roamingbard13

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys

View Post

I bet I could smash you on bass in any style anyway. So come on with this bull{censored}. I play every day. I live and breathe music. So step off man.

rolleyes.gif

Attempting to compensate for some inadequacy or do you have self-esteem issues? Perhaps you guys should meet after school at the bike rack and settle this. Good luck!

wave.gif

• Members

/soapbox

C'mon guys...leave Wade alone. We need more people here, not less. After all these comments, he is probably plotting to hunt each of you down and impale you with his bass. His heart is in the right place, even though the words don't match. No need to kick him all at the same time. Does he deserve it? Yea, probably. I'm here to learn and grow, not bitch and moan. We have already lost lots of great members (Bluestrat, LeftyJay, etc...) due to the same old BS; maybe we can keep the great members we have?

And Wade - c'mon man - nobody is challenging your manhood. Let it go.

/off soapbox

AND back to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by roamingbard13

View Post

What are the most "value-added" things we can do? Adding subs? Lights? A banner? OR -- do we raise our asking price and hire out sound and lights?

I'm certainly not the best judge of the "business stuff" by far, and the suggestions so far are great! My 2 cents:

I would start with signage - you can't put a price on the value of having your name on a 4' by 6' banner behind you, and it's cheap; probably less than a C-note.

Subs and lights would be next, as they begin to make it a "show." I would start with one REALLY good powered sub and build from there.

Spend $100 on a great banner and $900 on a great sub. Next upgrade cycle get some lights and a controller.

Look at it this way. Rent lights and PA eight or ten times for 2 grand OR buy your own to use for sixty gigs. Hell you could even rent your subs and lights to others and make them subsidize your purchase (that is what I have done) charging whatever you like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Many people are gonna tell you to invest in all kinds of things to add value to your band.

In my experience and knowledge, there is only one way to add to your value.

You need a strong fan base!! Any club owner or any other kind of venue sees a band from a money perspective.

Will the band be able to fill up the venue? Will the other bands who want to play in my club be able to match their fan base?

The stronger your fan base, the stronger your value!!

Now the whole work that needs to be done on your side is gonna be on how to build a strong fan base and this goes via a strong marketing and business strategy.

StageMasters

Archived