Partscaster Tele

Axisplayer

• Members

Here is what the body currently looks like. The color definitely brought out the grain a LOT! This is three coats of Cherry Red stain. The back is three coats of amber but haven't gotten the pictures today yet. Will post them laster. After this we will be adding at least 12 coats of rubbed oil finish to achieve a gloss. If it ain't glossy though, it will get more though. LOL

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t30712634_10160312776665707_3240996742309994749_n.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t124.4 KB ID:\t32207383","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32207383","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK DE, heres the back for you as it is so far. Thats pure yellow, but we are going to add a slight amber to darken it just a little.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32207749}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32207750}[/ATTACH]

• Members

You are entitled to what you think, but the only things non-Tele is the ebony fingerboard and the trem which is just a replacement for a Bigsby. Other than that, Fender makes lots of Teles that are humbucker/humbucker so they don't seem to agree with you.

• Members

thats a partscaster tele and the name tells what it is. its just a matter how far you want to push it yourself and it might become a frankentele.

for my taste i don't like bindings on teles that much, but if it is there, i personally think the pickup rings and the pickguard should match, oh and a strat trem on a tele, a bigsby looks so much nicer

but thats just me and its your guitar and taste, so feel free to use what ever suits you best :)

i'm very interested how the final result will look like, keep us posted

• Members

Thanks Tele, I will. I had the pup ring match the fingerboard instead, but I can appreciate your viewpoint on that. I agree about the binding and had it all ripped out and am putting in matching Tortoise shell so go with the pick guard. I do like the look of a Bigsby, but I like the stability of the Beck trem more. I sometimes dive bomb them.

Archived