what is your #1 electric, acoustic? your #1 why ? what amp ? why ?

crustoleum

• Members

I only have two electrics and one amp. One of my electrics is a big Jazzbox I normally play unplugged. So there's not much competition.

Ergo, my main elec. henceforth is the Les Paul. It has dream-come-true action. Why did I wait so long to buy one? All guitars should play so easily.

I'm unusual in this forum. I've always been an acoustic player. My only amp is a Roland AC90. It's supposedly an acoustic guitar amp. But it's superb on synths - much better-sounding than their KC series amps. Roland AC-series amps are the best-sounding rompler amps I've heard.

It's also superb on my Les Paul. Very clean. I'll try to make a quick recording w/it. A couple of really good acoustic guitarists told me the LP sounded like an acoustic flat-top when they heard it. They both asked what amp I was using.

I don't play live anymore. So I have no need for an elec.gtr amp.

I'll buy a few more pedals before I buy a new amp. They AC90 does

fine on my synths and guitars.

• Members
#1 acoustic is easy,Epiphone Masterbilt. It's the only one I have

For electric it's my good old Squier Tele that I always talk about. It's solid and plays good, but mostly I like the sound

Amp is a mid 90's American made Fender Princeton Chorus. No tubes ,no hassles, just good clean sound with decent reverb Plug and play

what particular model of "Masterbilt" do you use ? pics ?. I have 2 models , a flat top and arch top. To me, today, I don't believe I will ever part with them, let my 2 kids figure that out..

they just sound and "play" so "right" for me.. :)

• Members

today, this is my #1 acoustic. I have 2, my guitar playing friends use the 2nd one when they stop by on occasion to check in. I got 2 well , because the price was right to me, at the time, and I had enough $ to do so..so I did..These things are "Plecked" and are very easy to play, flat picking and finger style, just, to me, a fine instrument..well, all the Epiphones I have (some say I have too many, I play all , so I say never enough :) ) are fine...they work properly, that's all I need

flat top sounds perfect to me :) electronics work , perfectly as they should , huge sound, to me :)

IovPE8c.jpg

• Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32061664[/ATTACH]

The number one acoustic became easier since I went down to only one as of this week. I had an Ovation Standard Elite I liked for stage work, but not as much for enjoyment. I traded it for a 100 watt Marshall this week so what I have left is my Parker P8E. You don't see many of them. They look strange, like most Parkers, but are a joy to play. It has two pickups, a piezo and a Fishman, high and low impedance, with blend control as well as the standard controls. It feels alive in my hands. Has a ring like a J45.

My number one electric is my 2011 Gibson Nighthawk Studio. It is simply perfect for me. Burstbuckers, maple neck, Fender scale on a Gibson body, split coil pups, and light weight. I was a Music Man Axis player for 19 years which where my name comes from, and then Teles. This sort of hits all the needs for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32061665[/ATTACH]

I have four amps, two are Marshalls and are fine for most shows. At home I generally use my THD Univalve which sounds great, but it is not so much a stage amp. My favorite amp by far is my The Valve 250-2. They are built in Italy and are popular in Europe, but not here. They are similar to a Friedman BE100 or a Soldano SLO100. Clean channel sounds like a Twin until it breaks up at around 7, and then gets to slight overdrive. The lead channel ranges from pristine to Friedman grind. Basically a JCM800 on steroids. 45/30 watt, reverb, parallel or series loop, and I use it with a Weber MASS to get to living room levels. I took out the stock V30s and replaced them with Celestion Centuries (series 1) to cut down 20 lbs of weight. It is a work of beauty that I am almost afraid to take out, so it only goes out for certain shows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32061666[/ATTACH]

However, all of this subject to change at any time. I am looking to acquire a Matchless Clubman when I can, which will certainly replace the Marshalls. I also have LUSTED for years for an ES-175 but cannot seem to find one I can afford. They will both come at some point in the next year or two however, no matter what.

• Members
let us know. I think it would be like putting together a large plastic model...step by step instructions ' date=' maybe. I'll let all know, may be a month or so, maybe. It may be a more cost effective way of obtaining a super nice instrument , with patience, maybe :) [/quote']

Crustie, actually a 175 is a pretty tricky guitar to build. They have pressed laminated tops and dovetail neck joints - this is not a "large plastic model". I have seen "kits" that consist of an assembled body and separate neck, with all the hardware. You glue the neck on, do the finish and mount the hardware. That can be pretty reasonable. Most of the time these are parts simply plucked from a Chinese assembly line before they have been assembled. I have seen a couple of them - one was absolute junk.

If you decide to go that route, how about shooting a link to me in a PM and I'll tell you what I think.

• Members

Ok I have 71 guitars and basses at the moment, so it's damn near impossible to have just 1 fav. So I have a "rotating" series of Number 1's

81 Paul Custom

81 Ibanez Artist 100

79 Manoman Paul goldtop clone

07 Gary Kramer Simulator T

65 Gretsch Viking

88 Ibanez RS RG440

78 Gibson L6S

99 Ric 330

78 Guild S300D

73 Univox "Mother"

73 Aria SG copy

78 Electra X310

79 Carvin CM130

13 GibsonES139

84 or so BC Rich Mockingbird NJ

79 Epiphone Genesis

Acoustically is a LOT easier, I have 3, and only play one.

78 Alvarez Yari FY40

Bass, even easier.

88 Ibanez EDC700 (My go to for any bass playing)

Ampwise, have been using a Roland Blues Cube BC60, since it came out.

Archived