Sometimes it's all about the journey

gardo

• Members

I'm a tinkerer,it seems that nothing is ever quite good enough so there is always one more thing to try. Some of my ideas work and some don't. Sometimes I've even gone in a circle and ended up right back where I started but the trip was still a good one. My Squire Tele has been through more changes than I can count but there will always be one more thing to try..As they say "perfection is a Journey not a destination"

• Members

There are times where my personal mantra, "Blowtorch or bandsaw, whatever it takes" takes a back seat to logic. there are guitars out there that no matter what you do to it, it is what it is. Others, need that whack with the "micro adjustment tool" aka: sledgehammer to become more then the sum of it's parts. And still others, you realize you have to stop, since it's already beyond perfection. ( NO! I AM NOT going to buy those titanium screws for the truss rod cover for that extra .03 mili-seconds of sustain.")

• Members
I'm a tinkerer,it seems that nothing is ever quite good enough so there is always one more thing to try. Some of my ideas work and some don't. Sometimes I've even gone in a circle and ended up right back where I started but the trip was still a good one. My Squire Tele has been through more changes than I can count but there will always be one more thing to try..As they say "perfection is a Journey not a destination"

Life is what happens while you're making plans.

• Members
There are times where my personal mantra, "Blowtorch or bandsaw, whatever it takes" takes a back seat to logic. there are guitars out there that no matter what you do to it, it is what it is. . . .

^ This. My Fernandes Strat was an unmitigated POS. I replaced the nut, tuners, string trees, pickguard and bridge/trem, and blocked the trem and it was still awful. It was a better POS but still a POS that wouldn't intonate. Plus I realized am just not a Strat guy.

Archived