Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'd love a Farmer Foot Drum

I think Pete is behind schedule on his builds. They are not cheap, but do able in price. Looks like a tone of work goes into building them.

Remembering the Rogers Drums from the 70's, or was that in the 60's. IDK

rogers1.jpg

• Members

Dendy, I was gonna yell at ya for slacking.

I just read your review on the Sabian drum mixer, so I can see where you might have been busy this weekend.

All is forgiven. :D

Here's where more can be less.

A bluegrass buddy of mine told me, drums are for marching bands. :D

080906-M-0000C-009.jpg

• Members
How about a little new (but vintage look) Ludwig from the Chicago Drum Show this past weekend!

fetch?filedataid=117961

I actually learned to play on a Ludwig kit.

A drummer buddy of mine, was going through a divorce and left his old kit in my cellar for close to a year. One day I decided to sit down at the thing and give it a try. The learn curve to keep a simple beat was step. After about a few weeks or so, I thought I might damage his kit. I went out and bought the Premier set. I then called up my buddy and told him he should probably come and get his drums out of my cellar.

His set was sparkly gold metallic. I didn't care for his cymbals, but the used ones I bought sounded really nice. I spent as much money on used cymbals as I did on the rest of the kit. The Zildjian K crash and ride, and a Jack DeJohnette HH made by Sabian are the only cymbals I have ever owned. I didn't know much about drums, but the cymbals needed to be warm in tone. I use Evans heads.

Archived