Drum Kit of the day thread!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My drum kit is like this one.

premier-premier-cabria-5-futs-521286.jpg

No big hole in the resonator kit drum though. I do have a hole cut in it though, but I think it's a 4" er.

I re-did the head with Evans stuff a long time ago. EMAD on the kick clear,Genera dry on the snare, the Toms have G2 clears on them. The hardware that came with it is decent. When it came tome to grab the brass I got used the same day I bought the kit a Jack DeJohnette signature HH that is made by Sabian. The Ride and Crash are some very warm K cymbals made by Zildjian. I actually spent used as much money on the brass as I did on the whole kit new.

When I bought the drums I almost had never sat at a drum kit before, but I took the time to learn how to keep a simple beat. Super high learning curve. I still not that good.

After year of driving everyone nuts I bought a Yamaha digital kit like this.

I actually went to get a Roland kit, but liked the Yamaha acoustic drum samples better.

C3BE45D8E392462EB31AAD0676026C48_12073.jpg

So now I am a guitar player with 2 drum sets

Now no micing up stuff and the feel pretty good. I can practice and band the hell out of at 2 am while every one is sound asleep.

Much appreciation for what drums do. I still wouldn't loan a drummer out a PA. biggrin.gif

I'm a big fan or the drum dial too.

• Members

Yes, I kinda did some research on my Premier drum kit I purchased new back in the mid 90's. I believe the kit is call a XPK and are made of birch and eucalyptus ply. This is a mid priced 5 piece fusion kit, and the reveiws ain't bad.

I found a youtube clip on the net of the same drum kit, minus one tom. I think the sound is pretty true to what I hear on mine. He even has K cymbals.

This is pretty much how I heard about Premier and I just went by what my ears heard at the time, plus the cost. I didn't want something to junky, nor did I want to spend 4-5 times what I did for for a first kit. My only kit.

I believe Premier still makes the XPK series.

• Members

Wow Kick drums have gotten bigger and bigger over the years. Pretty deep too, I'm sure they pack a good bottom end boom. Is this the stuff most guys are buying these days and is this the stuff that you are hauling out to gigs?

Anyone prefer a subkick mic, over a bigger kick drum?

I know in my digital drums there some sampled kicks that pack a pretty big bottom end.

This guitar player would like to know

Archived