How to make a $3000+ rig sound like poop

RoboPimp

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rig didn't sound bad to me.

After recording a demo for my band, and doing all the mastering on the tracks - or my best attempt at it, I truly appreciate how difficult it is to take take a good guitar tone and capture it in a recording.

• Members

Rig didn't sound bad to me.

After recording a demo for my band, and doing all the mastering on the tracks - or my best attempt at it, I truly appreciate how difficult it is to take take a good guitar tone and capture it in a recording.

...and the tone won't improve going thru the interwebz and coming out of computer speakers (at least mine...)

• Members

I spent more time on EG, and I've bought a guitar from BHH before - he's a good guy, and a very good player. And I've criticized others here before about the sound quality - but not their playing. Sound quality is of course subjective, but this video, is not of good audio quality (imo). I think saying a $3k rig sounds like poop was not the best way of wording things, but that's Robo.

But honestly, this did not sound very good at all. But I blame the recording, (or Youtube) not the player, and not the gear.

• Members

chuckle, it DID sound like poo poo but it looked nice and he has decent enough chops. too bad he couldnt get that expensive gear to sound any better i doubt he's gonna scrimp on his camera since he's over the top with everything else.

• Members

I've had a few issues with Mojo when I've pointed out errors in some of his lessons. To me, if you're going to put stuff out on the internet, whether it's a lesson or a demo of your new equipment, you're inviting comments and opinion. As it was recorded, it does sound very muddy, like the tone control is rolled all the way down. Some of his lessons aren't particularly accurate. Those comments aren't an indictment of Mojo himself, that's just providing feedback on the stuff he's posted publicly and actively promotes on this and other websites.

• Members
phil... why the {censored} do allow {censored} like this on this forum?... seriously

hahhaha man what is everyone's problem? The guy posted a video on YOUTUBE, it's not public domain.

Meaning anyone can pull the video from youtube and say ANYTHING they want about it.

Who cares if it's mean? If you want to avoid harsh comments...here's a tip: Don't put videos on YOUTUBE

I for one have never seen robopimp videos, but I admire his antics on the forums :thu::thu:

• Members

uhhuh.

you're loving his mighty tones then are you?

and if i ever posted a vid with sounds that you disliked you'd never comment...?

:poke:

Commenting, and being a complete A-hole are two different things.

I am not calling you an a-hole, although I am not sure, you probably are, just based on your defensiveness to take part in a hatefest, I am not going to go back and reread the whole thread to find out who said what.... I dont care.

This thread was started with no other intention in mind then to rip on somebody just for the sake of being..... yes, I believe the word IS asshole, and all the little ass sucking followers that jumed on it, without being able to offer anything constructive or worthwhile are just assholes.

It is rediculously absolutely hillarious, that the very idiots and morons.... I am sorry, that is really not fair to REAL idiots and morons,........ lets just say that you bashers are embarassingly funny. Start bashing threads, or participate in them, (dont try to pretend like it is something else, we all know what you are about), you all get so bent out of shape when someone calls you on it. Very defensive. Very insecure. Very hypocritical.

These are the very reasons losers like you chimps even do this in the first place.

Now you can bash me instead.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?

YOU..................

qS7nqwGt4-I

• Members

wow, looks like YOU are the whiney crybaby :lol:

My opinion- The guitar is ugly, the tone is bad for the amps he said he is running it through... if it was my vid, I wouldn't post it as an example of anything as I don't see it as positive... try again...

• Members

Constructive criticism? Fair enough.

-The guitar is horrible. If Pimp My Ride made guitars, that's what they'd end up with. The headstock looks like something designed by Lego.

-The player in question is OK but it's yet another load of boring blues riffing and yes the tone is rather rubbish. Sure, it might be the recording equipment he's using but tough. You put something out there, expect the quality reviewed objectively. It sounds crap.

-The player in question may well be a fine upstanding gentleman. I hope he doesn't take audience booing too badly if/when he plays live if the audience chooses to react in that way.

Now you. DaveAronow. Let's judge you by your post:

I am not calling you an a-hole, although I am not sure, you probably are, just based on your defensiveness to take part in a hatefest, I am not going to go back and reread the whole thread to find out who said what.... I dont care.

If you think someone's a prick, call them that. Less of the 'A-hole' high school names. Learn how to swear properly.

It is rediculously absolutely hillarious

Yes it is. Snicker.

Thanks for reinforcing my view that electric guitar forums are generally full of very uptight people.

• Members

But honestly, this did not sound very good at all. But I blame the recording, (or Youtube) not the player, and not the gear.

I blame that he'd had the guitar for 10 minutes and decided that instead of taking the time to change the settings on his guitar/amp to taste he made a video which he then posted on youtube.

• Members

I've seen some of mojocaster's videos. He actually has a good sound and is a good player, but the camera pickup sucks, so you can't appreciate it. It's easy to overload it and it turns to {censored}.

this is the point... I am not the only one who thinks it sounds like poop. I am not making this a personal attack, only pointing out that you can drop a {censored}load of money on a bunch of nice gear and still end up with some damn {censored}ty sounding results... why in this case? I don't know and I didn't point any fingers at anything in particular. I just made the observation. Maybe it's the cam? Maybe he just isn't listening? Maybe it does sound good to him I dunno man.

Poop, poop I say.

If it had sounding like gold I would have said so.

Archived